Zahkrii Do Dovahkiin - Hidden DLC Dragonborn Sword

pmnavatar

New grip design:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7707/rehilt.jpg

Better? I think it's better this way.

Perfect, just perfect!!

You, sir, have done a great job, congratz! ;)

I've got to go to work, I'll give you some feedback on your other post when I can

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be too much to ask if the quest would result in crafting the weapon like in the Dawnguard Atherium Quest? If so you could be able to smith maybe more than just a sword. You could create a weapon from every cathegory, (or at least the one-handed ones) but you would only have resources to craft one? Thus, more players who play differently could choose their own way of using the power of the ancient dragonborns.

Wow, this thing sounds really awesome. I was thinking about the enchantment in the sword and had this little idea. Maybe it is possible to make a sword act like a concentrator for a Thu'um . Just imagine you use a Storm Call shout while having a sword as your primary weapon, and after that a succesfull attack with it would summon a Lighting Strike, twice as powerfull as a standart Storm Call lighting strike. And just do such a thing for all possible shouts.
Sorry for any mistakes in advance.

Would it be too much to ask if the quest would result in crafting the weapon like in the Dawnguard Atherium Quest? If so you could be able to smith maybe more than just a sword. You could create a weapon from every cathegory, (or at least the one-handed ones) but you would only have resources to craft one? Thus, more players who play differently could choose their own way of using the power of the ancient dragonborns.

Well, I dont want to overburdend anyone that decides to make this mod, the ideia and the sword are already in the game, just hidden. I just suggested a new mesh for it because it has great potential!

If anyone that makes this blade wants to make more weapons of the dragonborn, it would be nice, indeed!

but i'm content with just the sword...that alone has proven to be a problem for it's creation :P

Wow, this thing sounds really awesome. I was thinking about the enchantment in the sword and had this little idea. Maybe it is possible to make a sword act like a concentrator for a Thu'um . Just imagine you use a Storm Call shout while having a sword as your primary weapon, and after that a succesfull attack with it would summon a Lighting Strike, twice as powerfull as a standart Storm Call lighting strike. And just do such a thing for all possible shouts.

Hmm...this is a sword that unlocks it's true nature when a specific shout is used, the "power of the ancients", but i guess we could have other interpretations of the power.

Personaly, i would like this sword to be a item you could get in the beggining of the game and you could achieve it's perfect form with a shout, maybe a new power per word used. I would also loved to see the sword enhance it's offensive capabilities with the power of the dragonsouls you absorb (there is already a sword in the nexus that does that).

So, a new power for each word of the shout (max three powers) and the damage output increasing for each soul you absorb (with a max, of course)

Well, I dont want to overburdend anyone that decides to make this mod, the ideia and the sword are already in the game, just hidden. I just suggested a new mesh for it because it has great potential!

If anyone that makes this blade wants to make more weapons of the dragonborn, it would be nice, indeed!

but i'm content with just the sword...that alone has proven to be a problem for it's creation :P

>Wow, this thing sounds really awesome. I was thinking about the enchantment in the sword and had this little idea. Maybe it is possible to make a sword act like a concentrator for a Thu'um . Just imagine you use a Storm Call shout while having a sword as your primary weapon, and after that a succesfull attack with it would summon a Lighting Strike, twice as powerfull as a standart Storm Call lighting strike. And just do such a thing for all possible shouts.

Hmm...this is a sword that unlocks it's true nature when a specific shout is used, the "power of the ancients", but i guess we could have other interpretations of the power.

Personaly, i would like this sword to be a item you could get in the beggining of the game and you could achieve it's perfect form with a shout, maybe a new power per word used. I would also loved to see the sword enhance it's offensive capabilities with the power of the dragonsouls you absorb (there is already a sword in the nexus that does that).

So, a new power for each word of the shout (max three powers) and the damage output increasing for each soul you absorb (with a max, of course)

Oh, I really thought that by "opening the sword's true power" it was meant that the sword's power opens up because of Dragonborn's shout . But well, a special shout is a nive idea too.

pmnavatar, on 18 Mar 2013 - 10:01, said:

Perfect, just perfect!!

You, sir, have done a great job, congratz! :wink:

I've got to go to work, I'll give you some feedback on your other post when I can

Which of the symmetric blades do you prefer? I'm kinda feeling Version B, myself.

Nimbus21, on 18 Mar 2013 - 14:08, said:

Intresting. Though I would like to se a horn design like that of Durnaviir instead of the more common version used here.

You mean the dragon skull on the hilt? I actually suck at stuff like skulls so I just took a screenshot of the Dragonsreach skull and traced it. ;D

ArgonianBuccaneer, on 18 Mar 2013 - 14:17, said:

Personally, I'm not really in favour of crafting it in any way. It is my conviction that powerful special weapons should be unique, old and preferably found deep in some ancient dungeon or pulled out of a stone or something.

In fact, for all the weapons forging my characters does, I feel that Smithing kinda sorta ruins the game for me since you always end up making stuff that's more powerful than actual artifacts like Dawnbreaker or the Ebony Blade. It kinda cheapens the whole thing, you know?

Russianwalstelander, on 18 Mar 2013 - 16:42, said:

Even if the cooldown for Rage of the Ancients is instant, that would still mean you'd have to shout, then switch shout, then use the new shout, in order to make full use of the ability.

Seems a bit cumbersome, I think.

pmnavatar, on 18 Mar 2013 - 21:26, said:

Personaly, i would like this sword to be a item you could get in the beggining of the game

Thing is, if I found this sword early on, I would literally never use any other sword, for the rest of the entire game. Because what would be the point of that? We're essentially talking about Dovahkiin's own personal Excalibur here.

How to put this... I think there is value in pacing these things properly. I think there is value in going through that early stage when you are just some guy using cheap gear you looted off a bandit, and then improving progressively. Yet I actually can't recall ever even using the iron sword, because I always go with Ralof which means an Imperial sword right from the start and anyways, by the time you reach Riverwood you can probably buy a steel one. And that's really kinda unfortunate, because it means they could simply have skipped the iron sword all together.

So, if I made this mod, you would have to work for this sucker. Preferably as part of a questline, culminating in a high level dungeon where you need to have hunted down several shouts just to proceed. (Because, you know, this sword was made exclusively for a Dragonborn wielder.) A sword like this, I think, you need to earn.

Edited by Relativelybest

The writing on the blade should be glowmapped like Nico's weapons.

I will look into it. I was thinking the same thing, with maybe a fog like effect on top of it (like the old Lich Kings sword mod from Oblivion) in red. I'm working on the hilt currently. The blade itself has been finished. Maybe I'll do all three versions if I have the time.