ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Computer crash, vortex says no mods installed

rydercj

Hello,

my computer crashed and needed to reinstall windows on it, but my games, mods and everything about it is installed on another Hard Drive but since vortex says "you don't have any installed mods" so blank page.

And in game I really have no mods installed, is it possible to recover them? cause it's kinda impossible to remember everything I downloaded and managed, this for skyrim and fallout as well.

If someone know how to do that would be perfect, thanks in advance

Hello,

my computer crashed and needed to reinstall windows on it, but my games, mods and everything about it is installed on another Hard Drive but since vortex says "you don't have any installed mods" so blank page.

And in game I really have no mods installed, is it possible to recover them? cause it's kinda impossible to remember everything I downloaded and managed, this for skyrim and fallout as well.

If someone know how to do that would be perfect, thanks in advance

No, because you Reinstalled Windows, which overwrote your C:\Users\YOUR NAME\appdata\roaming\Vortex folder where all of that info was stored.

Also, at Nexusmods, just go up in the menu and click DOWNLOAD HISTORY.

Also, next time, click TRACK on every mod you download and use, and you will get a customized list of the mods, and you'll also be able to check in a glance if any of the mods have been updated, by clicking MODS----->"TRACKED MODS"

• 2 weeks later...

Can't you just search the second hard drive for your mod files? Or am I missing something?

Doesn't matter, the INFO for all of the mods was on the C:\ drive, now all that info is gone.

Hello, sorry for the time, got busy since, but it's fine I found all my mod, I changed all the vortex folder emplacements to another hard drive before in the options and it was just vortex who changed it back for the originals, i just had to change it again and everything is fine now, all the mods works fine I had nothing to reinstall or else, but I'll follow your advice "click TRACK on every mod" thanks again

Can't you just search the second hard drive for your mod files? Or am I missing something?

Doesn't matter, the INFO for all of the mods was on the C:\ drive, now all that info is gone.

Search around for a tool called GetDataBack and you'll be able to retrieve 99% of your lost data, as long as you don't use the disk you want to recuperate data from as the drive which has the operating system. I've been using GetDataBack for almost twenty years on drives, from customers from a shop I do the occasional job for, that got stuck (too much expansion due to getting hot and cooling off again) or even formatting.