The Voice Actors of Skyrim (Nexus)

Hotemochick1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Skyrim voice acting free?

What do you mean? Are you asking if you get paid to voice act for mods or if you have to pay to get Voice Acting for mods?

In which case both the answers depend on the same factor which is VAs. Who you hire as a voice actor, or what type of Voice Actor you are.

If you are a great Voice Actor with awesome Voice and a nice setup to record you can probably ask to be paid though most modders will rather stick with a free option.

But if you are just some smuck with a headset and no real talent then nobody is ever going to even entertain the idea of paying you to VA.

On the opposite end if you are a modder and want top quality Voice Acting for your mod then you might want to pay someone to Voice Act.

However if you don't then there are plenty of people who will work for free and many of them are still extremly talented.

I for example will work for free on free mods (Though tips are welcome.) But any mods that are supposed to be paid I will only work for pay.

It is really up to individuals.

;DI had to lol a little, i'm sorry... :(

Well, it's more than likely a yes, because skyrim 'mods' are free.

If the person making the mod isn't getting paid, then he's jot going to want to pay just to use a voice actor.

I'm so sorry... :(

It hurts woefully. X(

;DI had to lol a little, i'm sorry... :(

Well, it's more than likely a yes, because skyrim 'mods' are free.

If the person making the mod isn't getting paid, then he's jot going to want to pay just to use a voice actor.

I'm so sorry... :(

It hurts woefully. X(

Not 100% true, I just had an offer from someone who seen my reel who offered to pay me to do VA for their mod. I declined so long as the mod is meant to be free, and offered instead if when I am done they can Tip if they like the lines.

I also had another amazing modder tip me a decent amount for doing some lines for them without me even asking which was appreciated.

I'd say it depends on the individuals, but more than likely for you get paid VAing someone is going to approach you and offer to pay. If you approach then and ask to be paid it'll never go well for you.

Edited by TrollFaceTheMan

Rorster1234

Stats-

Race: Whitest of all

Active: Yes

Playable races: Khajiit mainly and a bit of Nord, but I'm up to try others

Experience: I've made my own mod called Radacat, and I'm a drama student. Other than that I'm only just starting

Skills: I can use audacity and make .WAV files. I can use some of the effects in audacity for special effects. I am also very good with accents and pitch modulation (high or low).

About me: I love acting in general but doing the scripting and stuff for mods is a bit out of my range so i would like to help people who can do that sort of stuff.

Voice sample: I don't have any samples but you can check out my incomplete mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81670/? ( the audio quality may be a bit worse than it is now because I didn't have a proper mic power supply and was in an echo-y room).

Edited by Rorster1234

Im just wondering if there is anyone who'd be interested to take part in very big project size of (Falskaar) which is pretty much finished but the problem is that there is very big lack of voice acting. It has over 30 unique actors completly new land, story and everything if anyone would be interested please write to me.

btw this is the mod that me and my teams was working on http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85135/?