Loot announced a cyclical interaction between the rules

Krzycholec32131
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Look at the error :

These six mods are going around in a circle ( hence the name cyclical interaction ) .

A loads after B , B loads after C , C loads after D , D loads after E , E loads after F , F loads after A

Normally, when I encounter a cyclic loop, vortex offers a path for me to change the load order of one or more of the mods involved in the cycle.

Are you just running loot or deploying and encountering this error?

If just via loot, I'd recommend firing the deployment button, whereupon it will do it's checks, find the cyclic error, and you *should then get a slightly different report screen which provides a way to resolve the load loop error (cycle, or infinite loop), which, in case you're not aware, is where the load order contains instructions that result in a section of the load looping over and over...

... load mods that are assigned to be added before we get to the loop ...

load a after the stuff in step 1

load b after a

load c after b

load d after c

load a after d <<<< whoops!

.... theoretically load the mods (but never get to) that come after the load loop error section ...

• Solution

Two of the mods are in the group "Light Enhancers" and two are in the group DEFAULT

Causing your groups to try and be out of the order they load in

Lighting Enhancers---->Default----->Lighting Enhancers---->Default----->Lighting Enhancers

When the groups actually load like this: DEFAULT------------>LIGHTING ENHANCERS

Stop assigning your Plugins to groups.

The way you have you load order set up, you're trying to make stuff in the Lighting ENhancer Group LOAD BEFORE the DEFAULT GROUP

If you can, Remove ELE_SSE and ELFX Hardcore from the Lighting Enhancers group so they can properly sort.

You should only use groups as a last resort sorting method

Normally, when I encounter a cyclic loop, vortex offers a path for me to change the load order of one or more of the mods involved in the cycle.

If just via loot, I'd recommend firing the deployment button, whereupon it will do it's checks, find the cyclic error, and you *should then get a slightly different report screen which provides a way to resolve the load loop error (cycle, or infinite loop), which, in case you're not aware, is where the load order contains instructions that result in a section of the load looping over and over...

load b after a

load c after b

load d after c

.... theoretically load the mods (but never get to) that come after the load loop error section ...

load b after a

load c after b

load d after c

how running loot encountering this error

where is this button?

Two of the mods are in the group "Light Enhancers" and two are in the group DEFAULT

Lighting Enhancers---->Default----->Lighting Enhancers---->Default----->Lighting Enhancers

The way you have you load order set up, you're trying to make stuff in the Lighting ENhancer Group LOAD BEFORE the DEFAULT GROUP

If you can, Remove ELE_SSE and ELFX Hardcore from the Lighting Enhancers group so they can properly sort.

I have removed ELE_SSE and ELFX Hardcore from Lighting Enhancers group, what next?

I have removed ELE_SSE and ELFX Hardcore from Lighting Enhancers group, what next?

Now click on SORT NOW

how running loot encountering this error

where is this button?

Not sure how to interpret your first sentence. Loot encountered it because it recognized there'd be an infinite load loop problem?

The button I'm talking about is here in Vortex. right next to the manage rules button

edit: when you open the spoiler click the image. idk why, but you have to use nexus's popup viewer to see it crisp