Dear Staff, Quit Blocking My Screen

DarkElfLover77x

Every once in a blue moon I come on here to check out the different updates and see what's new. The last thing I want is to get blasted in the face by a "LOOK AT ALL THESE MODS YOU'VE YET TO ENDORSE" message. I don't have the time to go through each of them, and there's zero point in having that stupid popup on my screen every time I visit. If I like a mod well enough, then I'll go to the page and endorse it, or the modder for their hard work.

But all in all, it's gotten old.

From any game's Nexus Mods page click on your avatar (top right) and select Site Preferences. On that page's Preferences tab select Global Preferences and right below where you can set your timezone you'll see Remind me about file ratings ... from the dropdown selection box you can pick Never and you won't see that prompt again.

You will still be able to endorse mods you want to endorse, but it will be up to you to remember to do that.

From any game's Nexus Mods page click on your avatar (top right) and select Site Preferences. On that page's Preferences tab select Global Preferences and right below where you can set your timezone you'll see Remind me about file ratings ... from the dropdown selection box you can pick Never and you won't see that prompt again.

You will still be able to endorse mods you want to endorse, but it will be up to you to remember to do that.

Thanks Striker

Guest deleted34304850

Every once in a blue moon I come on here to check out the different updates and see what's new. The last thing I want is to get blasted in the face by a "LOOK AT ALL THESE MODS YOU'VE YET TO ENDORSE" message. I don't have the time to go through each of them, and there's zero point in having that stupid popup on my screen every time I visit. If I like a mod well enough, then I'll go to the page and endorse it, or the modder for their hard work.

couldn't you just endorse those mods and solve your own problem?

couldn't you just endorse those mods and solve your own problem?

Well.....he endorsed ONE mod, but from his post, it doesn't sound like he's going to endorse any more :/

Finding the correct setting is easy:

https://imgur.com/gI2nfbk

But... I must say, the wording of that setting is a bit confusing.

You endorse stuff on this site - when I see "rate" or "rating", the first thing that comes to my mind is "please rate this mod on a scale of 1 to 10".

I think that's a carry over from back in the day when there use to be 5 star rating system and/or the Thumbs up/Thumbs down system.

People abused the heck out of it.

Have a disagreement with someone on the forum? They'd run to all your mods and give them 1 star or a thumbs down.

Now people are stuck having to laboriously go to each mod page and let the mod author know, in no uncertain terms, how intensely they're not going to use your mod.

I keep getting asked to endorse mods that I have indeed downloaded, but, when I click the endorsement button, I get an error telling me I haven't downloaded that mod yet.......

There is a task to investigate this. I've finally managed to replicate this on my own profile so we have a good test bed for it.