This always bothered me: Female Modded Armor/Clothing

danwat801

'Do it yourself' would be a viable option but the workflow is scattered across the net in bits and pieces. Nobody will tell all, just a run down, while leaving out critical info that you gotta dig through the net to find.

And what's your point? If you can't be bothered to do the research, then you are in no position to complain about what others are doing.

I totally agree. But obviously and sadly there are a lot of armor modders out there that are totally into seeing Skyrim women walking around in high heels and other weird stuff that neither does justice the term armor nor is in any kind lore friendly nor is "realistic".

I know it's pretty odd to talk about realism in a fantasy game with dragons and wizards but skimpy armors simply make no sense at all.

'Do it yourself' would be a viable option but the workflow is scattered across the net in bits and pieces. Nobody will tell all, just a run down, while leaving out critical info that you gotta dig through the net to find.

And what's your point? If you can't be bothered to do the research, then you are in no position to complain about what others are doing.

I am more agree with Rasikko. I've been there myself trying to learn how to mod Fallout 4, and Witcher 3 and Skyrim. Where they give you the Basic ideas... but leave out fine details that are key to a functional mod. I believe they do this, to rconceal information so that nobody has enough knowledge to threaten their spot in endorsements. You have to dig for hours weeks, and even months, and, in my case, NEVER finding an answer for something as basic as exporting a model into Zbrush... It cant be much more then a 5 step process but that information is well hidden among the "elites" You have to be in the Upper up before they start giving you real answers to real questions and not just "link you" to a 8,000 word document....

As far as, "If you dont like it, make your own." Its a pretty nieve answer, to assume everyone on earth has 10 hours a day of free time to on their hands to first learn this huge learning curve of modding, and then make a mod. Some of us, like me, have children and a family to take care of, and a full time job. Theres no way I can sit there and convert all my male armors, to female with 3 children and a wife and a job to take care of. I appreciate the modders, but they have way more free time then me. I'm lucky if I am able to get one dungeon dive a day in skyrim without being interrupted. Let alone ask me to make my own mods... lol... It takes me 8 weeks to get to level 40. Cause I just dont have the time I wish I had, to play.

This post alone just chewed up half of my free time I get in a day... You try to make a mod with a life that busy.

As far as, "If you dont like it, make your own." Its a pretty nieve answer

In fact, aside from the grossest sense of literally making one's own armor (ie via blender and CK, etc) , it's quite easy in the longrun, and most players do it anyway. Browse the mods listings. Specifically, armor and clothing.

I'm using main pieces from Northern girl, a *few different Sun Jeong outfits, Keung's furset, and another half dozen mods that lent this or that. Some are actually just clothing or jewelry items I've enchanted to make them viable "armor". (ex: those turquoise earrings my icon is wearing add a 36% buff for archery and also adds 17 pts to light armor skills, and I'm wearing two different kinds of earing (also have hoops from the HDT set that are enchanted, an eye piercing and a nose piercing from a follower's mod that've been enchanted too)

PS> If my unofficial, half asleep, I-don't-really-care-but-I'll-play-the-game-anyway, running total is close to correct, there have been almost another half dozen "modest" armors published since this thread was initially opened. And that's full kit modest. And if you don't like those? Well....put together your own kit from bits and pieces of other sets you've already installed to your own game.

Or don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few things I ran across yesterday, while looking for new armors. Something might be useful to you.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34177 (Practical female Blades armor - removes the boob plate)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32983 (Blood Witch armor)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/15938 (Spellsword curiass)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26633 (Ebony Lady - this one may be at the outer edge. It's form fitted and has high-heeled boots, but isn't the skimpy bikini armor. Idk.)

• 5 months later...

I make things for the Sims 3 and Sims 4 and I can absolutely relate to that kind of frustration. It took me years to learn. YEARS. The biggest issue with tutorials for the Sims is that people will skip steps because it's just easier and less time-consuming to write a tutorial that way...and then the tutorial author will spend hours answering questions because people are confused, haha. When I was learning, if I ran across a tutorial that actually explained something thoroughly, lemme tell you, the heavens sang.