Nexus site is painfully slow and getting worse...

Drax8

Hoping that once we move to this new database cluster we should be all sorted with this. Not too long now.

great to hear!

because it's been really slow for the last few weeks, and it's become painfully obvious to me why. increased traffic. the place is almost like it's old self at 4:00 AM lol, and unusable on the weekends. so in a way i guess it's a good thing. this site has become very popular! more mods!

(btw; i'm writing this in Notepad in case the reply option times out like it has a lot recently lol)

I have been running since early this AM with very good speed, no 502s. I have had a few times when it seemed to forget I was logged in - a message that you must be logged in to download large files - tried again (without logging in) and it worked. Several times, the download did give a message that it was unable to connect due to high traffic and was retrying. (never noticed this before) It then downloaded with no problem. I am US east coast and for some reason it has been sending me to Denver or Denver2 for some downloads, and Washington DC for others. I suspect it tries Washington first, and if it doesn't connect then goes to the premium server with the lightest load for the next try.

So far the new cluster seems to be an improvement. :thumbsup:

I am quite fed up of seeing either @Connecting... in the browser tab bar, or @Content loading... in the mod page tabs (Posts, Images, Files, etc.) from 10 or so seconds to never loading at all. It's a damn nightmare navigating the Nexus here, and that's not just Skyrim Nexus. I don't have issues with any other site, and I've never had this issue with the Nexus before, well not this bad, and not this prolonged. The funny thing is, if I can get a file to start downloading, it does so quickly.

I am quite fed up of seeing either @Connecting... in the browser tab bar, or @Content loading... in the mod page tabs (Posts, Images, Files, etc.) from 10 or so seconds to never loading at all. It's a damn nightmare navigating the Nexus here, and that's not just Skyrim Nexus. I don't have issues with any other site, and I've never had this issue with the Nexus before, well not this bad, and not this prolonged. The funny thing is, if I can get a file to start downloading, it does so quickly.

I've been experiencing the same thing these past 3-4 days. Popping open Nexus has been a little slow but nothing over board. As for my downloads, they've maintained to stay accurate on speed. I just remembered it's been a bit since I ran ASC... *sweep sweep* time.

A little slow here, but runs.

Can't download anything, most of the servers are down or when the download manager recieves an address, it changes to an error address. (Using IDM)

Nexus Mod Manager isn't working, the 'Download (NMM)' button doesn't do anything, it's like NMM isn't installed.