EA Wins Consumerist's Golden Poo twice in a Row; Whines and Compla

Deleted472477User

gotta be honest, none of it bothers me. i havent played ME3 yet but i will (on console though just because thats what i played ME2 on)...ill get DA3 as well. and Origins. which im pretty sure i already have lol. idr.

as long as they do fine on the games i play idc. they can create the hardest dumbest DRM on the games i dont play and i wont care lol. and if they make say an 'always online DRM' for a game i do play, well i probably wont care about that either since i never dont have internet. i know it sucks for many people who might not, i know its bad form for a company, but i just dont care. if there is a game i want, im not gunna not buy it just to "stick it to the man" cause it wont make a difference. there are more gamers like me in the end who are gunna buy it then who wont, and i doubt it will change. as such it wont matter if you dont buy it cause they wont even notice. Even if there was a strong enough movement not to buy their games, i probably wouldnt join in because as I said, if there is a game I want, Ill buy it, reguardless of the Developer or Publisher, etc.

i know this saounds horrible and im just naive or blind or what have you, but thats just how i feel about the whole situation with EA or with Ubisoft or who have you.

Isn't Origin an Online Always DRM anyways? If that is true, that's basically using your computer's resources, thus potentially taking away said resources from what you're doing, all the time when you go online. That means when you're playing LoL, Starcraft2, or GW2, Origin is on. It's essentially malware that's using your computer without you even knowing it. Edited by lonewolf_kai

Other than that I've not bought any of their games since they decided to inflict Origin on people, I take security on my PC seriously and I'm not going to install what is Spyware just to play a video game.

This is one of the reasons I don't install EA games on my computer. I'd love to at least try the Mass Effect and DA series, but I'm not skilled enough on how to remove Origin if I did.

You can play the original Dragon Age without installing Origin, you just need to log in to an EA account. I wouldn't bother with the second one, it was terrible.

Isn't Origin an Online Always DRM anyways? If that is true, that's basically using your computer's resources, thus potentially taking away said resources from what you're doing, all the time when you go online. That means when you're playing LoL, Starcraft2, or GW2, Origin is on. It's essentially malware that's using your computer without you even knowing it.

It's using resources even when you're not playing games, the scanning of your entire computer not only uses up resources it also adds wear and tear onto your drives.

Heck if the Next xbox is going to be always online, i can see EA coming second place winner next year lol.. Now who's the lesser evil, although the question is if they are going to have the same type of spying like they do with EA. Rootkits and such.

Edited by Thor.

You can play the original Dragon Age without installing Origin, you just need to log in to an EA account. I wouldn't bother with the second one, it was terrible.

This is opinion. while DA2 differs quite a bit from DAO and the two dont really interconnect at all, both in gameplay and in Story, i actually enjoyed DA2 and have played through twice. it doesnt have the replayability that DAO has due in parge part because theres very few mods for it because it was unsupported whereas DAO has a released Dev kit. but i still think it was a good game and thought it was very fun. the one note would be that you have to sorta see it in its own light and not so much as a sequel to DAO. between the two, yes imo DAO was much better. but DA2 was still fun. it was just more obviously designed for consoles lol.

also you can play DAO without logging in, it just wont count Achievements nor will it allow you to access any DLC i dont think. you can still access mods though i do believe,

EDIT: i dont like the new (though now a few months old) quoting system haha.

Edited by hoofhearted4

Well Origin is pretty much the same as Steam when it comes to DRM operation. Nearly everything that Origin is receiving in negitive press Steam received when it first hit the market, the only issues Origin has is server stability when you are connected to an online game.

Nope its not, Steam allows you to play offline whenever you want and doesn't snoop where it doesn't belong, and the rootkits in games, steam doesn't have that. Its a drm but it is a optional drm, more like a store or place holder for games in general, downloadable or otherwise.

Developers don't have to use its drm if they don't want to.

i'm okay with steam for 3 reasons,

1. Its easy to use

2. doesn't snoop

3. no rootkits

oh and almost forgot not to mention friendly to indie developers.

Edited by Thor.

I'm kinda disappointed when EA announced that they will be releasing origin on the release of ME3 way back when. Since i own most of my save games from the pc version of the ME series at that time.I don't want that origin crap installed in my pc I use for my work, so just decided to buy both ME 1&2 again since it was ver cheap and on sale in the 360 version, I really do enjoy their games even with the crap ending at ME3.

But tbh, I don't mind buying their games, I stopped buying pc versions of their games since the announcement of origin, the last pc version i bought from EA was swtor and never again. So as long as they still deliver good games like mass effect series ,DA series ,Command and Conquer ect ... that i enjoy. I will still buy these titles on my console.

I know it sounds selfish, But that's just me...IMHO *patiently waiting for DA3

This is opinion. while DA2 differs quite a bit from DAO and the two dont really interconnect at all, both in gameplay and in Story, i actually enjoyed DA2 and have played through twice. it doesnt have the replayability that DAO has due in parge part because theres very few mods for it because it was unsupported whereas DAO has a released Dev kit. but i still think it was a good game and thought it was very fun. the one note would be that you have to sorta see it in its own light and not so much as a sequel to DAO. between the two, yes imo DAO was much better. but DA2 was still fun. it was just more obviously designed for consoles lol.

also you can play DAO without logging in, it just wont count Achievements nor will it allow you to access any DLC i dont think. you can still access mods though i do believe,

EDIT: i dont like the new (though now a few months old) quoting system haha.

It was a widely held opinion and with good reason, it was terrible for a Bioware title and bore all the hallmarks of a EA rush job. It was a perfect example of what people said would happen when EA took over.

Well Origin is pretty much the same as Steam when it comes to DRM operation. Nearly everything that Origin is receiving in negitive press Steam received when it first hit the market, the only issues Origin has is server stability when you are connected to an online game.

Steam doesn't look through all your personal stuff. I installed it for the BF3 beta and noticed a lot of hard drive activity, I ran Process Explorer and found it had accessed my email, my backed up SMS messages, my photos, chat logs and a whole myriad of other private stuff, needless to say it got removed pretty quickly. Also Steam only disable accounts for fraud, they don't do it because the account holder was rude to them or had installed a mod.