My homepage is Nexus, my next most visited is "is it down.com" because this site is always down, why?

Daermonster

So in the last couple months I have had to add my first favorited site, I mostly use nexus and don't have any favorite sites until recently.

But in the last few months nexus has been down or offline so much I have to use the site "isitdown.com" to check and see when nexus will be back up and online.

So now I have a total of 2 favorites, nexus mods, and isitdown (for nexus mods)

Why does nexus crash more than any website I've ever seen in my 33 years alive?

I've never had to use a website checker so often that I had to make it a favorite page.

What is happening behind the scenes at nexus to cause such worrisome unstable issues?

Guest deleted34304850

i cant recall the last time it "crashed" or was "down". there have been capacity issues because of some new fallout new vegas mods but that was only for a few days and was resolved pretty quickly.

are you sure the problems arent at your end?

S

So in the last couple months I have had to add my first favorited site, I mostly use nexus and don't have any favorite sites until recently.

But in the last few months nexus has been down or offline so much I have to use the site "isitdown.com" to check and see when nexus will be back up and online.

So now I have a total of 2 favorites, nexus mods, and isitdown (for nexus mods)

Why does nexus crash more than any website I've ever seen in my 33 years alive?

I've never had to use a website checker so often that I had to make it a favorite page.

What is happening behind the scenes at nexus to cause such worrisome unstable issues?

sorry for asking, but after that downtimes, do you get any errors while downloading mods?

Im getting errors downloading any mod bigger than 200 MB, it happened just after the downtime at the start of this week, and i want to know if its just me.

In the thirteen years that I've been a member of Nexus Mods, I have rarely experienced any downtime. I've had several different IP addresses during that period but no significant access issues as a result. Like @1ae0bfb8, I've recently experienced some site sluggishness because of capacity issues. However, I can't remember the last time I actually experienced any downtime with the site. As for downloading mods, I always download manually. I can think of only one time I could not do a manual download, and that was a long time ago.

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14453

Pretty much answers your question, OP.

And again, as so often in recent days:
"Service Unavailable
The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
"Error 500 ..."
etc. pp.
It's been piling up uncomfortably lately.

Now I have paid over 60 EURO for the lifetime subscription in the hope to support you with it. Please do something to improve the availability!
A statement from the operators on this would be desirable by the way times. I have not yet read a statement about the increasingly frequent failures.
Just always something along the lines of "... we're improving the user experience ..." or similar.

:down: