BLOG PIECE: supporting modding in totality

Dark0ne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had to happen sooner or later.. Skyrim is still full of bugs, but it seem bethesda think have milked this cow enough... I hope that in fallout 4 they'll put more attention to the technical aspect, at least the same they put in their game's lore (that are honestly awesome).

Personally i'm not interested i FO4... but maybe i'll wait for TES6 kicking your as..s in TESonline guys ^^

Edited by Jodi79

In response to post #7841390. #7841469, #7841601 are all replies on the same post.

Do you know why ppl quit nexus? Because 70% of population here acts as a total idiots. No one cares to read mod description, even the stick posts. Just look at for example Realistic lighting overhaul 2 months ago, Climates of tamriel 2 weeks ago. This are only tip of icberg.You also get mods that are total s#*! ruin ppl computers, but moderator sticks with mod author, until they finally realize that the mod is s#*! and ban the moron. I remember posting on my mod description: Don't request anything, I have finished this mod and don't plan to develop it further. Yet still I got 3 comments that ask me to do something with the mod, on time I even got a private message that a guy wants me to do something with it. I never said that no one can pick my mod, if someone would have wanted it, I would allow it. But not I should search for someone that must pick up my project. Why? I am satisfied with what I have done, why should I search for someone that should upgrade it? If they want it to be develop it so badly, why not try it themselves?But after I got trough some other mods I decided that majority here doesn't deserve any of mods that are hosted on this site (not mine, actually mine should stay, they are a bit shitty, just appropriate). I moved my business elsewhere, not cause of actually worth of my mod, I just have enough of this please do this, do that, I want a cookie, I want a biscuit, even if I say I don't give anything, and don't plan to return hosting mods here never again. I rather put them on my private site, those who want them they will find them eventually, even if these mods are nothing really special or great. Edited by Timmy19992

I really like your (non-profit, anti-corporate) attitude to modding, game market and the direction you intend to take Nexus in. This is the main reason I will continue to support these sites. Another one is the community - it is the most friendly web community I was involved in. Thanks for all your hard work and for creating this amazing web space!

In response to post #7841390. #7841469, #7841601, #7846002, #7846106 are all replies on the same post.

I agree with Dark0ne on this. However I will disagree that you have some of the few mods that belong here.

"But after I got trough some other mods I decided that majority here doesn't deserve any of mods that are hosted on this site (not mine, actually mine should stay, they are a bit s***ty, just appropriate)."

You are entitled to you opinion, of course. I prefer to encourage all mod authors (that don't break the rules of course) as you never know when an encouraging word could let someone have a bit more confidence to move on and try to learn bigger, "better" things. Everyone starts somewhere. Also one of the great things about a single-player moddable game is that you can choose exactly what type mods you do and don't want in your game.

However it looks like this really isn't your kind of place. I wish you the best of luck with you and your modding on your private site.

In response to post #7841390. #7841469, #7841601, #7846002, #7846106, #7846153 are all replies on the same post.

I guess you'll either have to deal with it or find another place Timmy.The Nexus got quite big "recently" and with these loads of members there are also bound to be people that can probably be best described as "your typical Youtube dude". They won't read the descriptions, they won't listen to the author, they won't accept opinions that differ from their own and if something goes wrong it's automatically YOUR and NOT THEIR fault. These people just exist on pretty much every big site and probably won't magically disappear anytime soon. Edited by Incensement

Seems like people have issues or own ideas with the bothersome comments.

My two cents is that you'll give mod authors rights to "ban", hide someones comments for X amount of days from their own mod's. And for justice, let's say three hides for certain annoying user and their banned from the thread / all of the threads.

This could actually work very well for any user who creates random thread, not just the mod authors.

In response to post #7841390. #7841469, #7841601, #7846002, #7846106, #7846153, #7846561 are all replies on the same post.

If I turn comments of how am I supposed to fix possible bugs that come with the mod? I can't. While I don't want to develop mod further I still feel obligated to fix the existing problems. I can't do that if ppl can't tell me about it. After I stopped posting things here it was way easier to start modding again. I now mod whole weekends for almost whole day and enjoy it far more than before. No limits of what to make and how this thing actually fits in Skyrim or any other game so to speak.Some authors are on a brink of nervous breakdown cause of this idiocracy, things will go worse and worse. I don't expect ppl to disappear, but you can expect for ppl to stop posting mods. I already know for some other guy that left this place cause of this. He had some great mods under his sleeve and I am happy i found his new site. So much cool stuff there. Edited by Timmy19992