What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

i declare Morrowind the best , with FF7 close behind(ahh sweet Tifa). Deus Ex and HL2 are also good. Halo 2 is also fairly awesome. Hell the list is endless, there are so many good games. Any one played 'N',because it is without doubt the very best 2d game of all time!!!!!!!!!!All of you must bow before 'N'. Also not one the best things ever but quiet awesome, for Myst3 fans out there is another free game, Penumbra. Look it up it really is quiet good( Warning:It's a click and drag adventure.) It is also fairly scary. Finally, it may be a console game, but still merits a mention, Ninja Gaiden Black, for all that you have is sweet and glorious in Ninja Gaiden Black.

I could have sword I'd responded to this...but I guess not.

in this order

any final fantasy

oblivion

any tekken

morrowind

everything else

How can you say Oblivion? You haven't even played it. You're just being a TES fanboy. tsk tsk

Anyway,

Final Fantasy 6 is one of my favourites - mostly out of a sense of nostalgia, but I really enjoy the story, and I love the characters in it ( I find that it not having a central character is one of it's strong points - you aren't forced to emphasize with a character you don't like ).

The Soul Calibur series is without a doubt, the best fighting game series ever. I used to preach Tekken, but after playing SCII, Tekken seems slow and clunky. The arcade version is best though. (or just buy an arcade stick)

I enjoyed Morrowind, of course. I wish I had the attention span to sit down and mod it, but I don't. I don't even have the attention span to play most of my favourite games anymore (or new ones for that matter).

Can't forget Zelda 3 for SNES. Awesome game. Same with SMario 3.

Gah, I can't choose. I'm hungry.

Oblivion, i'm sorry to say, was a disapointment, and by the way Tekken is crap, DOA and Soul Calibur for the win. Also anything on SNES rocks, u know it's true

My favorite game was KOTOR 1 for the storyline.

Followed by Morrowind for the storyline again.

I have yet to play FF7, it seems it has a good storyline.

I hate Oblivion's storyline. Pweassee, not the same feeling of importance as compared to Morrowind. But hey that is just my humble oppinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think, for its time, Morrowind was the best game ever played. It even crushes about every game now. I would think of morrowind as a milestone for gaming. a milestone yet to be topped, however. But thats only coming from an RPG fan.

• 3 months later...

edit: i just realized this thread is 50years old, i dudt mean to revive it, but it seem to be pinned.

here is my pointless post.

it different to define what is best, you said its the most influential games. for me its the one that is most memoriable. half life was extremely influential for fps and cinematic gameplay, but too i couldnt stand to play it because the graphic makes me extremely headache and literally throw up after a while.

the one absolute best is Terranigma, a snes rpg game, because the story is very touching to me. The main character was very humble and suffer a lot, but in the end he has to die after saving the world. Okay that might sounc cliche, the way it was presented was memoriable. FF7 and Chrono Trigger comes very very very close.

yeah i have to say deus ex is close up. as for the one i would keep forever, Morrowind, not about the character customization, but the feeling it provoke. Oblivion doesnt even come close.

its easier to list best of a genre than the best overall.

edit: i just realized this thread is 50years old, i dudt mean to revive it, but it seem to be pinned.

here is my pointless post.

it different to define what is best, you said its the most influential games. for me its the one that is most memoriable. half life was extremely influential for fps and cinematic gameplay, but too i couldnt stand to play it because the graphic makes me extremely headache and literally throw up after a while.

the one absolute best is Terranigma, a snes rpg game, because the story is very touching to me. The main character was very humble and suffer a lot, but in the end he has to die after saving the world. Okay that might sounc cliche, the way it was presented was memoriable. FF7 and Chrono Trigger comes very very very close.

yeah i have to say deus ex is close up. as for the one i would keep forever, Morrowind, not about the character customization, but the feeling it provoke. Oblivion doesnt even come close.

its easier to list best of a genre than the best overall.

Well, I agree some of these are rather memorable (Morrowind and Chrono Trigger are games I still play today), but I think what you have to understand that while these games did bring new concepts to the gaming world in general, they lack something a very select few games have: immortality. As I posted quite a while ago in this same thread, Super Mario Bros. STILL makes an impact on gamers today.

Even though Mario and Nintendo aren't quite what they used to be (all thnx to Microsoft and Sony :dry: ... ), I know, for a stone-cold fact, that SMB is THE WORLD'S greatest game of all-time. Dispute this fact all you want, nothing will ever achieve what SMB did back in 1985. There was no other game (not even on the Commodore 64 OR Amiga) that could have done what SMB did.

SMB is the definition of what a "game" is: deceptively simple, not violent (at least by the way "violence" is defined ;) ) so everyone can play it, old and young alike, and above all, easily replayable, even after all these years. THESE are the things that make a game immortal. Never, not EVER, has one game since the release of SMB on the NES back in 1985 been able to achieve success quite like it. And THAT is a known fact.

As you can see to the left, my favourite game of all time is Loopin' Louie! It is a great game!

My favourite board game has got to be either Betrayal at House on the Hill (discontinued) or Descent: Journeys in the Dark.

My favourite video game is probably Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, or the game with the longest title ever, The Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle Earth 2 expansion pack The Rise of the Wick-King...or lotr bfme2 rotwk for short

My favourite Atari game is Adventure. I beat it on all three difficulty levels!