What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

Vampire the Masquerade had so many problems...looked so much worse than HL2 yet it ran slower, and took SO DAMN LONG TO LOAD, gave up on it with 3 minute load times.

PC - Command And Conquer (Refered to as Tiberian Dawn)

X-Box - Ninja Gaiden (or) SNK vs Capcom : SVC Chaos

DOS - Crusader : No Remorse/No Regret

GBA - Bomberman Tournament

NeoGeo - King Of Fighters 2002 (or) Metal Slug 4 (or) Last Blade 2

Sega Megadrive - I forgot the name, but you collect these rings, and you can equip them to do these cool attacks, there would be fire/ice rings and stuff, it was just the best...now i lost it... :/

Dreamcast - Giga Wing (insane 2d vertically scrolling shooter)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microsoft Windows Spaceball Cadet 3D Pinball. That and.. Microsoft Football 97. On console, I would have to say.. WWF Attitude for Nintendo 64. No, seriously, Everquest or Commandos:Behind enemy lines and for console, Double dragon for the Nintendo.

Ok, in my several years of gaming experience, here are the winners, at least for me.

Best Modern Open-Ended RPG: Arcanum; Fallout.

Best Modern Rather Linear RPG: Morrowind.

Best Abandonware RPG: Darklands.

Best Console RPG: Final Fantasy VII.

Best Turn Based Strategy "Lite": Civilization II.

Best Turn Based Strategy: Europa Universalis II.

Best Real Time Strategy: Rome: Total War with the Total Realism mod.

Just Quite Fun To Play: The Sims II.

Would Be Great If It Only Would Work: Sim City 4.

Sounds Stupid But Is Actually A Good Strategy Game: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation.

Best First Person Shooter: Call of Duty.

Best Multiplayer First Person Shooter: America's Army.

Best Political Simulation: Shadow President.

Best Political Simulation That Frustrates You Because You Cannot Really Win, No Matter What You Do, Or At Least I Think So: Hidden Agenda.

Best Interactive Fiction: Galatea.

Best Way To Spend Entire Afternoons Without Having To Think: Bubble Bobble.

By the way, about Freespace 2, I downloaded it (it's Abandonware) but it doesn't really work for me. The speech is missing, as a result the captioning goes too fast to be read, and you end up not really knowing what you have to do.

Does it give you any error messages? Are you sure you downloaded a good copy of it? Or, if all else fails, and you've got the connection speed for it, I could always send you .isos of the game cds.

Does it give you any error messages? Are you sure you downloaded a good copy of it? Or, if all else fails, and you've got the connection speed for it, I could always send you .isos of the game cds.

No error messages that I noticed, it's a CD-rip version that I downloaded from Home Of The Underdogs... Thanks for your offer, but I am in France at the moment and only using shared computers... I'll be back to Italy by the end of June, I'm gonna try and make it work once I get back :)

• 2 months later...

Would have to be Shenmue, the first time I put Disc 1 in it was like being taken into another world. I really got wrapped up in the story and acted like it was real life, like sometimes walking instead of running through Dobuita because running would look strange :P

Also really getting involed with the characters, the game's story is just amazing. Then Shenmue II came along and that game world just blew away the first Shenmue's. I really felt like a stranger in a whole new world, I didn't know where to go, didn't know anything about the people I was meeting either. I soon built trust with characters as the story went on :)

Then it all came to an end in a cave in Guilin, that was three or four years ago now, been waiting since then for Shenmue III. Although Shenmue Online was shown off last year so hopefully that'll get the series going again.