What Is The Best Game Ever

BloodWindBal

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I say Max Payne one because I think that 4 the year it came out it had some of the best graphics in gaming history, 2 b/c you can relate to the characters easily and they are memorable, and 3 b/cbullet time is just kool. :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories:

So overlooked. The real pearl of the series though, and it had just amazingly deep story telling for a filler handheld game, with themes of friendship mixed with hopelesness and tragedy. The character's come out more multi-dimensional and the pacing of the story is perfect. Not to mention there's actually two great games in the same package. Appropriately difficult as well.

Only real complaint I can thinki of is the lack of extra bosses or such as, which makes the whole deck building a bit pointless once you are capable of beating the

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:

It's really amazing how engulfing atmospehere this game has. The story telling is pretty minimalistic, but even that just adds to it.

The dungeons are mostly good, and the game world is so huge and feels so alive... and it's a N64 game!

I'm not one of those Nintendo fanboys either. I'm a PlayStation guy, though I did buy GC used after Nintendo abandoned it (and actually loaned this game from a friend).

Final Fantasy VIII:

I knew I had to put a FF here, even though I was initially very unsure which one (out of VI, VII and VIII, mind you), but in the end the choice was simple: VIII is the one that has aged the best from all pre-PS2 FFs. The script and dialogue are masterpieces of video games to this date, untainted by time unlike VI and VII. The character's are well written, mostly anyway, and relatabe. And the graphics feel alright even after all this HD storm you get at the moment...

But anyway: Absolutely fantastic and natural sounding dialogue, and plenty of it. A lot of side-quests to do, beatiful art style, great main character, epic story ( even if it get's a bit disoriented towards the end)... The best FF ever made.