How do you kill an enemy underwater?

hucker75

I don't seem to be able to use a gun, or a melee weapon, or even punch underwater. I found these two molerats that need to be killed as part of a quest, but they're in the middle of a large area of water. I can't go on land to shoot them. Surely something operates underwater? In real life you can punch or use a knife.

I also can't speak to someone underwater (the client I was to tell I'd killed the rats). For some reason he was swimming too. Sign language anyone?

Edited by hucker75

Hello. Step at solid ground and shoot with a explosive gun or use a fat man or hit the enemy with a plasma or pulse or nuke grenade. That's all. Thanks.

"in the middle of a large area of water. I can't go on land to shoot them"

They were too far away to reach from land. I can understand a gun not firing underwater, but why can't I use a knife? Someone must have fixed this in a mod.

Since Skyrim it's impossible to attack in water. Also because there are no creatures in water, at least not in F04. Even Mirelurk can't

I frequently find people who have fallen in the water. They're now immune to being killed! This irritates me! It's also very unrealistic. Why would they make the game less realistic than previous ones?

Edited by hucker75

Because of lack of time and resources. And lack of need.

Unless you'd install a mod that adds ships or water settlements there will hardly be any of these situations.

Similar as to how you can die in Assassins Creed 1 when you fall in the water and die.

Think of it this way: One could either spend time and money doing Vertibird mechanics or Swimming. What is more important?

Skyrim has Slaughterfish. They don't seem to have any trouble attacking me while I am swimming, but, I can't do squat to them, unless my feet are on solid ground. That's annoying.

Generally, I try and find someplace where the water is shallow enough that I can stand in it, and wait for them to come to me. Fireballs work pretty good too. :D Of course, in Fallout, you don't have that option. Still, I find that if I simply wait for them, they will eventually come close enough to kill, and you can indeed shoot them while they are still in the water. (if you can see them..... shotguns work pretty good in that situation. :) )

If something bugs out like this, I throw immersion out of the window and I use the console to kill whatever needs killing.

Yes, I had to do that to continue the quest. The NPC and the enemy he wanted shot had been randomly placed. And the mod author had neglected to avoids large areas of water. So I had to console kill the enemy and moveto.player the NPC so I could tell him I'd done it.