Receive notifications when somebody replies to comment

muhavaux33

The title says it all, I thought it would be obvious to have a feature in notifications so that whenever somebody replies to a comment you made on a specific mod post you receive a notification of it, but all of the notifications I receive are "new game added to the website" which I don't really care about.

The title says it all, I thought it would be obvious to have a feature in notifications so that whenever somebody replies to a comment you made on a specific mod post you receive a notification of it, but all of the notifications I receive are "new game added to the website" which I don't really care about.

So change them in the Site Settings on your NexusMods.com profile page under NOTIFICATIONS.

People keep requesting features that have been implemented since 2008

Unfortunately, all those settings will go away March 22nd, and apparently we're just going to get one huge crapola list of notifications based on a handful of people responding to an obscure 2 day poll.

So to be clear. You're talking about the following scenario.

1. You're on a mod page that isn't yours and you do not have edit access to it.
  2. You're not creating your own comment chain, you are replying to a comment chain posted by another user.
  3. In the above scenario you would like to be notified of further replies to the post chain you didn't start?

If I understood that correctly, it's something we're aware of but it is more complicated than it sounds. If we can enabled it you probably won't have a way of opting out of that conversation thread (at least not initially).

Guest deleted34304850

2. You're not creating your own comment chain, you are replying to a comment chain posted by another user.
  3. In the above scenario you would like to be notified of further replies to the post chain you didn't start?

If I understood that correctly, it's something we're aware of but it is more complicated than it sounds. If we can enabled it you probably won't have a way of opting out of that conversation thread (at least not initially).

really, really, really bad idea.

do not implement this, for god's sake.

really, really, really bad idea.

do not implement this, for god's sake.

+1 to 1ae0bfb8's reply.

The power and utility of notifications stems from the granularity of the system, and the fact that it can be individualized to suit. Remove that granularity and/or the ability to customize and notifications devolve into white noise ... just one more thing in the world to be ignored.

I suppose the OP could track the mod and then turn on the notification for new comments on tracked files, but then they'd get more notifications than they really desire.

This is currently how I have everything set, and I LOVE IT.

If I'm on the Skyrim SE page, then I only get Skyrim SE notifications f9or the mods I'm tracking, AND I recieve notifications for any Skyrim SE mod that I commented on, but ONLY if someone replies to my comment, or the comment that I commented on

Apparently, that's all going away on the 22nd, and it's just going to be one huge mess.

This is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" things