Category and search results page update

Dark0ne

In response to post #7920948. #7921875, #7921986 are all replies on the same post.

Nope, I've just tested this and the hot file selection has no bearing on the thumbnail used. The only thing that affects the thumbnail used is the order of your images, with the first image in your image list being your primary image from which a thumbnail is automatically created by simply reducing the dimensions of the image.If your image has non standard dimensions (typically you want to use an image with monitor aspect ratios, like 16:10 or 16:9) then it has the chance to look odd as a thumbnail.The hot file/featured file cropping has nothing to do with your thumbnail.Edit: Actually, you're completely right. After some more extensive testing it seems making a feature image out of an image will change the thumbnail too. This is unintended and I assume it was coded like this so that the hot file thumbnail on the front page could correspond with the large hot file image, to the detriment of that image in the image list. I'll see about getting that fixed. Won't be a for a few days though so you might be better off uploading the image again and using that as your primary image, and stick the feature image thumbnail as last in your list. Edited by Dark0ne

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the update, will be far easier to search for mods that i would have missed otherwise. Good work!

Edit: Do you think it will be possible in the future to add attributes for the DLC requirement?

Edited by tremblayj

Meh I find the new search results block look too cluttered and small personally. I suppose... oh hey options! *clicks view flat* Hugs and thank you for providing an option to those of us who fuss over change. Please keep this an option! :)