Category and search results page update

Dark0ne

Looks good. Works very smoothly. Thank you. :)

A question: will users who have not opted in to "adult" content, see featured files that are classed as "adult" ? Or will they see a different sequence ? Depending on that, if we are choosing "hot images" for adult mods, do we need to ensure that the images are "not too adult" ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the author get a notification if his/her mod was featured for the brief 10 minutes? Would be nice to get one. :) Edited by Blitz54

I don't know what to say about the new search thingy...

But, I've seen that you gave us the Tag bar on the right side...

Say if I check Armor Male and Clothing Male, did the search will look only for the file with both the tags, or the one with only one of them also included as well?

If not, could you make them search not only files with both tags, but the individuals as well?

My suggestion perhaps you could add an Armor and clothing tag.

About the Female or Male part, you could differs it into two tags or not at all.

The decision is in your hands...

Sorry for the over demanding comment, thank you for your time.

Edited by GilgameshNoborosuke

Actually its quite well done and makes life far easier in regards to narrowing down and finding the exact content you're looking for in a category along with presenting all other content in its class of quality without having to go through a huge list of things.

I'd also like to filter perhaps by the year the content was added, while there are still great mods that were added in 2011, due to their long term residence and of course quality, their simple download counts and endorsement counts alone tend to make them heavily overshadow newer content that might be just as good, but theres no categorical way that I can see to actually to definitively state you only want to see content originally uploaded in 2013 or 2012. You can set the time frame which is a step, but the problem is identifying a high quality but under appreciated file isn't easily done by simply using By Endorsement/Download in <timeframe> because in that time frame thats available the heavy hitters that have been on the Nexus since mods first started have been gaining just as many, or more endorsements/downloads them perhaps a smaller, newer modification, so that smaller/newer modification always ends up on page 3 or 4 of the results list regardless of how good it is, while the monsters of the mod list continue to be the only things that really turn up high in the list even using the refinement parameters available.

Just some thoughts...I do like the new system though, it does make navigating categorical content much easier.

This is SO MUCH BETTER! I'll admit, the search and browse category functions used to make looking for non-"Top Files" mods...patience-trying, at best. This makes browsing the site extremely enjoyable and much easier. Thank you!