[LE] Undoing another mod's changes?

Sorry If you took that the wrong way. I thought we were having a conversation. Guess I forgot where I was for a moment ...
I answered OP's question with actual solid advice. Why would you have a problem with that. This is a forum after all.

Again, if the guards have no added story line to them removal should be easy. This can all be checked and done from the creation kit with ease. 100% knowing you didn't mess up the game.

Good luck! Have fun!

One advantage of using Tes5 instead of the CK is that in Tes5 all the edits are in one expandable tree. In the CK unless you know how the mod named the objects to be removed it might take some searching to find the specific items with an * that you want to remove. If the mod maker had prefixed all his changed or added items with the same prefix it makes it easier but you need to know what prefix they used.

I agree with that. Tes5 is a great tool for many things. The CK will tell you what you just messed up by changing something else ... kind of major.

But, Tes5 will show you your modding errors at a glance ... Hard to beat that in a tool. Truth is I use both. One to edit one to check my work.

One thing I do love about Tes5 is ... it will show you an error that looks perfectly legit in the CK. Again both are good to use. I wasn't looking to disrespect anyones

editing style. More just letting him know there is nothing to fear about the CK at all. Again, wonderful well made tool.