⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Radio stutter

Cine_eater

Many Vista-User reported, that the madfilters solved the problem.

If you use klite, then you should try the basic edition.

Remember to reboot your system after installing or unistalling codecs

Both codecs are easy to uninstal.

Have you already tried the tool "installed codec"?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, had that stuttering with one of my two XP installations.

Technically they where absolutely similar (on the same mechine with same drivers, same updates, same versions, same whatever)

The only difference was some software and at least the problem was a wrong codec.

The stuttering was definately really annoying. Not a just little disturbing -> it was nearly impossible to listen the music.^^

Right having some success now (I think lol)

I have doubled the audio cache size, installed K-Lite Codec Basic, and have the GNR Radio Fixed Extended (M Version) Mod (The only mod I'm using so far) and the stutter seems much reduced. I have found it stutters a little, apparently when changing areas, but hitting Escape like some have advised seems to allow the audio to catch up

Fingers crossed, as I love the GNR Ext mod, without it the radio would be off most of the time by now! lol

"I have found it stutters a little, apparently when changing areas, but hitting Escape like some have advised seems to allow the audio to catch up."

I found that setting hardware acceleration to `basic' did the trick most of the time, but I don't find that it kicks in again so much with changing areas as when the game spawns NPCs, such as enemies, as you approach, even beyond the range of the compass indicator.

In my experience it's a good idea to go into sneak-mode when that stutter comes up (if you've already mostly killed it with the method mentioned, that is)..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now for the big question: Why do we have to deal with this? It would be a damn miracle if Bethesda released a game that had no MAJOR bugs.

This is so damn stupid.

On a brighter note, installed codec works great.

• 4 weeks later...
I had the problem and I knew it got something to do with codec not hardware. Had a clean installation of Windows XP SP3 and only installed codecs from K-Lite Codec Pack (forgot the version but downloaded it a couple months ago), and I got the stutter problem. Tried MADFilter, no dice. Used InstalledCodec to disable all audio as psyclops suggested in point C and everything a-okay and till now haven't got the need to turn them on. Luckily I'm not using my gaming PC for watching movies, that would make me switching on/off the codecs. Maybe I shouldn't have installed K-Lite in the first place, but for people who need the codec to play videos AND avoid radio stutter problem; try psyclop's point C, it works for me.