Papyrus ini settings are invalid?

AwfulArchdemon

Okay. My error disappeared, but I still get nothing but the logo. I tried a few MCM dependent mods, but I can't scroll or choose anything. At least the annoying message is gone, but that's the only difference.

Edit: I'm going to reinstall SKSE, just for "fun", and see if that helps. It helped in the past, so I guess it's worth a shot. I can verify (again) that I have the latest versions of everything installed already, but I don't care. I'm tryin' anyway.

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAALL GRAVY! :woot: I removed SkyUI from MO, I reinstalled SKSE, played/quit, reinstalled (MO) SkyUI, got that error report on how SKSE is not installed (just like every time), ignored that again (naturally), played using SkyUI (turns out I had a few Steam mods installed. Forgot they install themselves), and saw [MCM has registered 2 new menus].

I was like http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af226/posani/bth_brahmiraviteja.gif

Thank you very much for your help, steve40 and Myztikrice! :dance: Oh, and I take back all those mean things I said about SkyUI :thumbsup: Though it still broke mid-game. Maybe it was actually SKSE? Doubt it, but maybe.

Edit: In case I didn't make it obvious, this problem is officially "Solved". :teehee:

Edited by AwfulArchdemon

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this resolved? I upgraded the version of the Unofficial Dragonborn patch and suddenly get this error. I'm not using the mod organizer.

Yeah, it's all good for me. Did you try everything listed in the replies? (except the MO part)

What I posted in another thread on the same subject:

I noticed that this error can also be triggered if your SKSE scripts have been partially overwritten. This can happen, if Steam restores the original scripts for whatever reason and you don't re-install SKSE after that. What happens in this case:

; Passes, because SKSE.pex is a unique SKSE script, so it won't get overwritten. The runtime is also still there, so the function is bound.
if (SKSE.GetVersionRelease() < MinSKSERelease)

; Passes, for same reason as last one
if (SKSE.GetScriptVersionRelease() < MinSKSERelease)

; Utility.GetINIInt is no longer in Utility.pex, because it has been overwritten. Calls to missing functions are evaluated to 0, which gets mistaken for the function actually returning a <= 0 value.
if (Utility.GetINIInt("iMinMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxMemoryPageSize:Papyrus") <= 0 || Utility.GetINIInt("iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes:Papyrus") <= 0)

If that's the case, most of the required SKSE functions will be missing from the scripts as well. Result: Broken MCM, broken fav menu, no settings saved, 5 second delay before opening inventory menus, etc. Sounds a bit what you described. In general, this scenario is just not accounted for.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. Exactly the same.

I'm not using MO however.

I get into the game and get the message about "wrong Papyrus.ini and that SkyUI will stop working at some point".

I've literally done everything here (except uninstall my OS, which I won't be doing) and no joy. I get the message every time, the MCM logo is up when I go to it but no mods are accessable. I have about a 5 second delay on any inventory or item I open up before UI opens the window. Only the mods not dependent on SkyUI work. At this point I've stripped all my mods down to SKSE and SkyUI and I still get the same problem.

About had it with this game. The whole reason I got it on PC was so I could use Mods.

I really need to have this resolved....it's driving me insane because I can usually fix these kinds of problems myself.

3 potential causes I'm aware of:

1. Bad Papyrus ini tweaks -> use original values (broken MCM and menu delay indicates that that's not it).

2. SKSE scripts have been partly overwritten by steam -> reinstall SKSE scripts

3. This ini setting:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0

-> change 0 to 1

My guess is 3.

Edited by schlangster