The Global Climate debate.....Posioned by Politics?

edgeburner

kvncrst...Of course such hypocrisy is not solely relegated to the celebrities...They are simply the one who choose to be loud about their so-called beliefs and not support their beliefs with personal action/ lifestyle.

I don't respect that....of course that doesn't mean that I hate them.....despise, yes! hate, no.

I am a hypocrite, a liar, a theif, an abuser, a drunk, a drug addict and a hopeless dreamer that somewhere in my head has created the desire that one day we will all be as kind to everyone as we think we deserve. Until that time I will struggle through my faults and misgivings trying to make amends for the wrong I've done to others and hope that others will follow. Right now I'm struggling with not taking the actions of others personally. I think I've I can master that I can stop reacting in kind and learn to actual love those who hate me, for not being more like them.

Sounds just like me about 10 years ago.

Everyone is faulted, none of them aren't fit to judge others. there are ways to learn to love those that hate you. to forgive them and hope for them, It's a hard thing to do and it is not accomplish-able via science , maybe not even via human logic. That is all I will say on that.

The only other thing I can say it don't take disagreement as a personal insult. Lets, face it. anyone who judges somebody else off of a blog/forum post is somewhat lacking in judgement anyway. Or, at least, the evidence to base judgement upon.

I've always posted by the credo that "if you ain't got the seeds to say it to them across the table, don't post it online".

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider a celebrity to be anything more than a person with a job. Politicans are the same way. The popularity of these people is in the eye of the veiwer. They are only as relivant as the veiwer perceives them to be and to speaking of them as anything extraordinary is to grant them the persona they may not deserve.

Ask yourself this.

If these celebrities weren't sensationalized by the media, would they be of any significance at all?

If people had a more accurate perception of their own self image, would these people have as many followers of social media?

If people weren't so lazy as to gooestep after the social issue of the day and actually took the time to find their own answers, would these celebrities have any influence at all in this world?

It's the media that conducts this orchestra of ignorance, not the celebrities. This has been the case since Fatty Arbuckel and will go on as long as the people stnd for it and I don't see many roaring for change. They'd rather listen to two degenerates beat the crap out of eachother on Jerry Springer or play the newest game than pay attention to what is actually happening in the real world.

@Edge-Don't multiple post. If you see something you forgot to respond to then use the "edit" button, which works just fine.~Lisnpuppy

i came across another article discrediting the ice sheet melting causing global warming.

Always stay on the look out for findings like this, its the only way.

http://www.space.com/27321-nasa-pioneer-dark-matter-and-the-errors-of-science.html

Increasing sea ice around Antarctica has less implications for global warming that some imagine.
Credit: Brocken Inaglory/Wikimedia Commons

Edited by Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the media that conducts this orchestra of ignorance, not the celebrities.

I agree with you, up to the first coma. Celebrities , in spite of their shallowness and double standard fraught hypocrisy are the apple of the MSM eye......ratings, exposure, political allegiance all figure in,

Thor....Our understanding of JUST how our climate actually functions over time is still in it's infancy. We have only tracked temperature data for about 200 years (and that's being generous as far as accuracy) satellite data for about 40 years (again, being generous) Many scientist believe that this planet is 4.5 BILLION years old. Now, my question is just how long must you make that 4.5 billion line just to make the 200 year line show up? Hence, they rely on proxy data, such as ice cores and tree rings, which have not validated the anthropogenic angle sufficiently.....even to a plunger like me. :)

It's the media that conducts this orchestra of ignorance, not the celebrities.

I agree with you, up to the first coma. Celebrities , in spite of their shallowness and double standard fraught hypocrisy are the apple of the MSM eye......ratings, exposure, political allegiance all figure in,

Thor....Our understanding of JUST how our climate actually functions over time is still in it's infancy. We have only tracked temperature data for about 200 years (and that's being generous as far as accuracy) satellite data for about 40 years (again, being generous) Many scientist believe that this planet is 4.5 BILLION years old. Now, my question is just how long must you make that 4.5 billion line just to make the 200 year line show up? Hence, they rely on proxy data, such as ice cores and tree rings, which have not validated the anthropogenic angle sufficiently.....even to a plunger like me. :smile:

Where do you think these issues are brought into the public eye? The media does that. They are also the ones that bring to our attention what these people say and do. Heck we even have Entertainment Weekly, so those without enough bussiness of their own to occupy their time can drool and slobber at the exploits of those drama queens. They play to the media, not us and the media highlights what they think will draw the most contrivercy. How can you say the celebrities ochestrates anything, when it is their promoters who set the stage for them and the media holds the microphone. All the world is a stage and we are the players. These people are quite apt at what they do and that is act and the media gives them the stage.

I think I heard something about the use of ice cores, drilled from the polar ice caps that are said to give an inite to the weather of the past. Then I've also heard the use of tree rings used for the same thing. I'm sure the Earth itself could be used as a marker for the weather paterns of the past.

Like I've said, I'm uneducacted in this matter, but I think the data is out there for those who truly want to find it. The issue is do these people what data to support the truth or a preconceived notion? Whatever the truth be, I hope someday to find out what it is outside the political arrena, because the debait on this issue has gotten so personal and so toxic that it has lost it's relivancy in the cloud of personalities. It's no longer about the climate. It's about the left, the right and the money between to two sides.

• 1 month later...

As i posted several videos mentioning that very fact, the computer models and false science they are pushing is laughable, one reason to never trust mainstream science at all, it is a religion as you claim. Anything that contradicts their findings will be tossed, always be on the look out for the unusual, because usually its correct.

Aye....funding is one of the major keys, along with the power agenda of the "green" billionaires who wish to control energy resources.....many of whom are absolute hypocrites that have made billions off of fossil fuels in other nations.

Are you truly naive enough to think the "power agenda" of so called "green billionaires"(funny concept), is anywhere near as influential or pernicious of that of the fossil fuel industry? An industry that is the most profitable on the planet, the most politically influential, and best at endangering public safety for short term profit? This is no understatement, look at the networth of the top 10 corporations on the planet and what industries they are involved in. Look at their involvement in politics. Look at environmental and public health catastrophes caused by those companies. They have a vested interest in continuing "business as usual", with no fetters on behalf of the will of the people.

You guys doubt scientists who have integrity and dedicate their lives to the public good and instead believe corporate sell-out right wing politicians who openly take bribes from the fossil fuel industry so they can get re-elected?

You think peer reviewed scientists would collude around the world as part of some unprecedented global conspiracy to deceive the public? Seriously? This is juvenile nonsense, a knee jerk reaction against people with more knowledge and authority than you on a subject, and in today's "my opinion is worth as much as your facts' culture, people find this mentality to be permissible. It isn't. Some people know more than you, and if you can't understand the findings and methodology of scientific studies dealing in Basic Science, then that's more on account of your lack of curiosity and confidence in an ignorant opinion than anything else.

That's the only way to call it mates. You either don't know the facts, or you are simply in denial. It's the same mentality as people who think vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases they prevent.

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
Isaac Asimov
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov
“If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.”
Isaac Asimov
Edited by IndigoV

Gently there. I am a denier. Sorta.... but, I also have 8 years of schooling on this particular topic. It has already been shown that several "respected" institutions doing research on climate change, have knowingly falsified data, left out data that didn't fit with what they were attempting to prove, have altered HISTORICAL data, (and were caught at it in very short order), and have been using the same 'computer models' to 'guesstimate' historical temps (before record keeping) that so far, have been unable to make a single accurate prediction.

Not to mention... the "average global temperature" has risen a bit over 1.5 degrees in 100 and some odd years..... but, it hasn't increased a noticeable amount in 15 years or so..... all the while, CO2 content has still been increasing. In all reality, a difference of 1.5 degrees, is within the margin of error of the instruments used to determine the temps....... (consider, instrumentation has gotten a LOT more accurate since the late 1800's, when records were first started.) Also, we were coming out of the 'mini ice age' toward the end of the 1800's as well.....

In the end, there is one irrefutable fact. The climate changes. Doesn't matter if industrialized man is around or not.

So, IS the climate changing? To a point. I am seeing weather here more typical of what it was like back in the 70's. These are the Michigan winters I got used to when I was growing up. (which are more severe than they have been lately....)

Is man having an effect? Maybe. That's the best I can give it. According to some accounts (peer reviewed, published, etc) CO2 increase FOLLOWED temp change in times past. Which kinda blows some holes in the 'cause/effect' thing, that the global warmists are pointing at today.

Are you truly naive enough to think the "power agenda" of so called "green billionaires"(funny concept), is anywhere near as influential or pernicious of that of the fossil fuel industry?

Absolutely!

The evidence is our there, Tom Steyr, Al Gore and other assorted hypocrites looming the largest.

You guys doubt scientists who have integrity and dedicate their lives to the public good and instead believe corporate sell-out right wing politicians who openly take bribes from the fossil fuel industry so they can get re-elected?

You could slam that one directly into reverse...Flip the subjects and you would be knocking on truths door. It's the left and the driving, take no prisoners, hell bent for leather green lobby that is the evil entity.

THEY are the liars. At least the oil companies have a viable product that can stand on it's own merit and doesn't suck down our tax dollars, and, benefit no one but self-righteous, elitist, holier-that-thou left wing ideologues who think that they know how to run your life better that you. Give them suckers an inch and they will take your feet.

Let's face it..... actual climate science does not support the global warming hypothesis.....In spite of what the so-called "consensus" of cowered scientist claim. Grant funding, tenure ship, ect......They are bought, molded and intimidated by the billionaire green lobby.....

Not to mention... the "average global temperature" has risen a bit over 1.5 degrees in 100 and some odd years..... but, it hasn't increased a noticeable amount in 15 years or so..... all the while, CO2 content has still been increasing. In all reality, a difference of 1.5 degrees, is within the margin of error of the instruments used to determine the temps

Ssshhhhh! Don't tell them that the climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years!!!

Don't tell them that we have only been keeping temperature records for about 200 years, and, only been incorporating satellite data for about 30 years....

Let 'em fudge the proxy data... like ice cores and tree rings that they use to fill in the other gaps they can't actually justify.

Are you truly naive enough to think the "power agenda" of so called "green billionaires"(funny concept), is anywhere near as influential or pernicious of that of the fossil fuel industry?

Absolutely!

The evidence is our there, Tom Steyr, Al Gore and other assorted hypocrites looming the largest.

You could slam that one directly into reverse...Flip the subjects and you would be knocking on truths door. It's the left and the driving, take no prisoners, hell bent for leather green lobby that is the evil entity.

Why have we been having years upon years with record temperatures? Why are the glaciers melting? Why is the artic melting? Why should people be comfortable with a bad gamble? Why should we accept the air and water pollution that come with the wasteful and inefficient use of a limited resource when we could be aggressively diversifying our energy portfolio(as many nations are doing successfully, like Germany).

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/nasa-climate-scientist-explains-15-year-global-warming-hiatus/

Green lobby vs. the Oil Industry, never-mind the scientific consensus, or that fossil fuel industry heads like Shell and Exxon have openly stated that they contribute to climate change? Perfect example of false equivalence:

http://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/occams-razor-does-not-favor-a-climate-change-hoax-infographic/

Sustainable energy is not viable compared to heavily tax subsidized fossil fuels? Simply untrue:

http://billmoyers.com/2014/11/24/good-news-mother-earth-solar-wind-power-becoming-cheaper-fossil-fuels/

Edited by IndigoV