Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because it makes merges and corrections to leveled lists, and other areas, and if it's not loaded last then those corrections will be over written. The only time you would not put the bashed patch last is in my guide already.

2.3) One other thing, make sure you enable ( check mark ) the bashed patch Wrye Bash makes, then right click it and choose rebuild patch as the one Wrye Bash makes is empty, which should always be last in your load order unless you're using an ENB, SUM, ASIS, or the Reproccer.

think of it as a cake with layers, you wouldn't put the icing on the bottom and leave the top bare, would you?

Thank you for the reply. I understand now, and it makes more sense than I first thought.

Another question if you don't mind: Am I just checking the bashed patch for errors in Tes5Edit? In other words, I only load the bashed patch which will cause its masters to also load, highlight it and check it for errors....?

Thank you for the reply. I understand now, and it makes more sense than I first thought.

Another question if you don't mind: Am I just checking the bashed patch for errors in Tes5Edit? In other words, I only load the bashed patch which will cause its masters to also load, highlight it and check it for errors....?

NOOOO, lol

You should be loading your ENTIRE load order in Tes5Edit, not just your bashed patch. Tes5Edit is used to check your ENTIRE load order to make sure there are no missing primary files AND to make sure there are no secondary files loaded before primary files

• 2 weeks later...