Bug List - If you find bugs post them here

Grasmann

I found another bug regarding items modifications, that is worth mentioning! Its not as bad as when upgraded item disappears, but its almost as frustrating i assure you! Well...the thing is that sometimes, when you select to confirm specific upgrade (Its when windows with info on what materials will be used pop us before proceeding/confirming upgrade!), right after that it gives xp for upgrading gun as usual and it even says gun been upgraded, you hear typical sound, but the weapon reverts back to previous upgrade, that was installed, but the same time eats all of the components, that you used to install those upgrade, that got glitched! I'm not sure if its happening to apparel as well (Didn't experience the same with armor yet!), but its happening to weapons quite often in this game! The other bug from me is the one, when it takes too long before character draws weapon! (Like 2-6 seconds delay! Sometimes it reaches even 10!!), In this period you cannot do anything to attack your enemy! You can't switch back etc...You have to wait while weapons gets drawn before you can do anything at all! Imagine something like this happening, when you're in a middle of a heated shootout!

All my weapon mods worked so far.

Can't really complain.

Do you use any mods that change weapon mods or something?

Are mods like that out yet?

I can confirm the bug when changing the weapon.

Don't know why I didn't add it yet.

I have the feeling it's the time needed to load the weapon textures and stuff.

But I'm not sure.

EDIT:

I listed both.

Edited by Grasmann

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy the power frame in the weapos shop in Goodneighbor and try to modify it, the game will crash without warning.

Sure that wasn't a coincidence?

Or did try that multiple times?

placing plants in a settlement to close together and or to many of them causes them to not be accessible. The only way i've been able to fix it is by using console commands and disabling it.

Are you talking about food sources?

Or like ... potted plants?

I noticed if i ask some named settlers to do stuff like attend a shop or grow food, they will stop doing it after going to sleep first time.

I guess is similar to companions bug

Also settlements with resources bug, can be attacked and everything destroyed without even a warning :/ that bug is really really huge.

Got a massive glitch where I was doing the endless & boring Weathermeter or MILA missions whatever, for the railroad. I went to whatever building I was meant to scale, I had Deacon with me and I decided he was too insufferable, and I dismissed him and went forward and scaled the building, came out a door, I'm suddenly given another MILA machine, then I get the message [You are now enemies with the Railroad] and all related Railroad quests have now failed, and I am just sitting there in my chair complexed.

I'd say list what number of glitch/bug this is, but I've lost count. I had to go back to an old save, dimiss Deacon at the HQ and do the quest, it was then fine. How this occurred, don't ask, I can't even tell.

sigh.

I found another bug regarding items modifications, that is worth mentioning! Its not as bad as when upgraded item disappears, but its almost as frustrating i assure you! Well...the thing is that sometimes, when you select to confirm specific upgrade (Its when windows with info on what materials will be used pop us before proceeding/confirming upgrade!), right after that it gives xp for upgrading gun as usual and it even says gun been upgraded, you hear typical sound, but the weapon reverts back to previous upgrade, that was installed, but the same time eats all of the components, that you used to install those upgrade, that got glitched! I'm not sure if its happening to apparel as well (Didn't experience the same with armor yet!), but its happening to weapons quite often in this game! The other bug from me is the one, when it takes too long before character draws weapon! (Like 2-6 seconds delay! Sometimes it reaches even 10!!), In this period you cannot do anything to attack your enemy! You can't switch back etc...You have to wait while weapons gets drawn before you can do anything at all! Imagine something like this happening, when you're in a middle of a heated shootout!

All my weapon mods worked so far.

Can't really complain.

Do you use any mods that change weapon mods or something?

Are mods like that out yet?

I can confirm the bug when changing the weapon.

Don't know why I didn't add it yet.

I have the feeling it's the time needed to load the weapon textures and stuff.

But I'm not sure.

EDIT:

I listed both.

I didn't even install a single mod yet (If you mean modifications from Nexus site and not in-game modifications!) LOL Because your first paragraph seemed a little confusing on that matter! If you're talking about site mods, then NO not even single mod installed, clean game version 1.29! (Yes, i didn't patch game to 1.30 just yet, so i'm not sure if this is fixed in those version!)...The problem with weapons draw in this game is more redundant, however the glitch, that is happening with weapons upgrading is also very frustrating! This damn crap is happening to me in around 30-40% cases! That is a lot, considering how frequently i upgrade my gear in this game! I upgrade all of my stuff as soon as there new opportunities for it, like i got needed components, leveled respective perks, that are needed to install those components etc! So i'm using that quite a lot and i'm pretty sure whats happening to me is happening to others as well! At least those, who are using 1.29 version!

Edited by KovNik2015

The bugs that i've discovered so far was 1) when after using stimpaks then goes into vats and tried to kill someone, it doesn't shoot them but instead it goes to this weird stimpak healing animation, 2) Companion/NPCs always interrupted the cutscenes by walking near me then the camera starts to go crazy (i know we can just use the third person mode but meh), looks like thats it so far, not including the performance problems cause they'll released a patch next week anyway

More information about everything becoming whiter bug, credits goes to Switzer2007 for finding out how to solve this issue.

Hey guys, I don't know if this has already been found or whatever, but I figured out a weird edge case and the solution for it.

Basically, when "Screen Space Reflections" are turned OFF, and when it is raining in-game, standing in certain locations looking in certain directions causes the graphics to bug out. The bugged out graphics makes all objects other than the skybox turn white, and look... ghostly? Not sure how to describe it, its kinda like someone turned the bloom up to 11. The location in particular I noticed this was in Diamond City, various locations and view angles caused this to happen, and only during the rain (I watched it disappear while sitting in the wait menu).
The solution turned out to be turning ON Screen Space Reflections. So if anyone else has had this happen, well now you know.

Got a massive glitch where I was doing the endless & boring Weathermeter or MILA missions whatever, for the railroad. I went to whatever building I was meant to scale, I had Deacon with me and I decided he was too insufferable, and I dismissed him and went forward and scaled the building, came out a door, I'm suddenly given another MILA machine, then I get the message [You are now enemies with the Railroad] and all related Railroad quests have now failed, and I am just sitting there in my chair complexed.

I have the feeling that was just hiccup rather than a common bug.

when after using stimpaks then goes into vats and tried to kill someone, it doesn't shoot them but instead it goes to this weird stimpak healing animation

Well, the animation is normal.

You can't just skip it by using VATS.

Or do you mean it plays twice when using VATS shortly after the stimpak?

Also settlements with resources bug, can be attacked and everything destroyed without even a warning :/ that bug is really really huge.

Which resource bug are you referring to?

I listed everything else.