Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hi all,

Is there a mod that reduces the levelling speed for smithing ? I know there are some that reduce the levelling speeds for all of the skills but was looking for one that affects only the blacksmith / smithing skill.

Thanks

Yes there is. Although it doesn't say it directly. You need the SKSE plugin Skyrim Elys Uncapper. Once you install it you can open the .ini file and set everything to default values except for the smithing level speed.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Is there a mod that reduces the levelling speed for smithing ? I know there are some that reduce the levelling speeds for all of the skills but was looking for one that affects only the blacksmith / smithing skill.

Thanks

Yes there is. Although it doesn't say it directly. You need the SKSE plugin Skyrim Elys Uncapper. Once you install it you can open the .ini file and set everything to default values except for the smithing level speed.

Thanks for that !

There was a mod I found before I bought skyrim that adjusted the pacing so that grinding smithing/enchanting wasn't as effective. It was "'something' Pacing Overhaul" then but it might have changed its name.

Another distinguishing feature of this mod was it allowed you to level to 100 as an option.

There was a mod I found before I bought skyrim that adjusted the pacing so that grinding smithing/enchanting wasn't as effective. It was "'something' Pacing Overhaul" then but it might have changed its name.

Another distinguishing feature of this mod was it allowed you to level to 100 as an option.

Yeah, I remember that one. Turns out the mod was renamed and merged with others by the same author. The new name is XSO - Tweaker Customizer Extender Awesomizer (quite the mouthful). Or at least, I'm pretty sure that's it. The pacing multipliers seem gone, though (unless I missed something). However, it was the only result when searching the name of the author that the esp you're referring.

The uncapper mod is able to multiply the rate you gain experience in each skill as well.

I stumbled upon a mod this week, or the last that was on the most recent additions on the first page I think, it was a mod that tweaked certain aspects of spells like making Dragonflesh casting like all shield spells and some other tweaks.

It also had some links to other mods tinkering with magic in the end of the description.

Problem is I just can't seem to find it xD so any help would be greatly appreciated.