⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I heard there was a mod to fix the ridiculous amount of clipping that goes on with hair going through all the hats/helmets and making them look retarded, but I cant find it.

Any tips?

Or is this mod not one that actually exists.

Thanks.

Don't remember seeing that. But this (or similar enhancement mods) might help:

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement by Xenius

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,I am roleplaying ninjas since oblivion.In skyrim,I managed to find mods that add black,regular and very long katanas,wakizashis,nodachis etc but i cannot find any ninja assassin gear or kimonos.I am currently wearing a black recolor of some dude's fancy colourful outfit and a remodel that turns the dark brotherhood's shrouded cap into a ninja headgear.Pls fill me if you've seen anything with a japanese taste.

Does anyone know of a mod/tweak that expands the physical boundaries of the map screen?

All searches for map tweaks on google have led me to that 'street view' tweak, or variations on that (which I admit, do help). What I'm looking for is expanded range in moving the perspective of the map screen.

To illustrate what i mean, try looking straight down with markarth or any far western or northern location centered on the map screen.

Does anyone know of a mod/tweak that expands the physical boundaries of the map screen?

All searches for map tweaks on google have led me to that 'street view' tweak, or variations on that (which I admit, do help). What I'm looking for is expanded range in moving the perspective of the map screen.

To illustrate what i mean, try looking straight down with markarth or any far western or northern location centered on the map screen.

I have not tested this, and when I tried this mod I couldn't get it to work right (didn't try hard though), but maybe you'll have more luck. It claims to allow you to rotate the camera more with this tweak:

Adding these will allow: Pitch = Up/Down(Y), Yaw = Left/Right(X) rotation;

fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000

fMapWorldYawRange=400.0000

Link to mod page:

Map Improved v1_3 by athfkarl

I have not tested this, and when I tried this mod I couldn't get it to work right (didn't try hard though), but maybe you'll have more luck. It claims to allow you to rotate the camera more with this tweak:

Adding these will allow: Pitch = Up/Down(Y), Yaw = Left/Right(X) rotation;

fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000

fMapWorldYawRange=400.0000

Link to mod page:

Map Improved v1_3 by athfkarl

Yeah i have that already and it does help immensely with viewability on the world map, But unfortunately it doesn't help at all for adjusting position (just x & y angle). Not a big deal i guess in a grander scheme, just frustrating i can't see anything on the western border or the northern coast.

Yeah i have that already and it does help immensely with viewability on the world map, But unfortunately it doesn't help at all for adjusting position (just x & y angle). Not a big deal i guess in a grander scheme, just frustrating i can't see anything on the western border or the northern coast.

You could always turn off clouds, might look weird though. The author of the mod I linked mentioned that doing that allows you to see the border regions.

You could always turn off clouds, might look weird though. The author of the mod I linked mentioned that doing that allows you to see the border regions.

Clouds are off.

To clarify, i want a south facing viewpoint of the north coast, or an east facing view of the western mountain range.

I tried the disabled borders line in the ini, this combined with everything seems to allow the viewpoint to be shifted much farther south (south side of the jeralls actually)

Anyways, this is getting away from the point of this thread now, thank you lordelliot for trying to help.

Edited by AxleB

Don't remember seeing that. But this (or similar enhancement mods) might help:

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement by Xenius

Hmm. Nifty for sure, but doesnt do anything to correct the clipping with hair and helmets.

When you put on say; gloves that overlap with sleeves, the bottom section of the sleeve gets hidden so it doesnt clip through the gloves.

This behavior isnt consistent though. some shirts/gloves have weird clipping problems, and most of the helmets have this problem, so you put on the steel helmet (or ancient norse helm, or iron helm, or whatever), and you have weird chunks of brown or blond hair sticking through the back of the mesh.

I tend to play in third person, and it kindof bugs the hell out of me. lol.

Thanks anyways.

~Vhaerlyr

Edited by Vhaerlyr