[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

I'd certainly like to do something along those lines if we incorporated a good/evil system, though I rather dislike karma meters.

Maybe something more like a "feral/tame" system?

I like this even more than I did good/evil, and it also reminds me of something on the first thread.

A 'tame' werewolf is more controlled, and has their normal mind dictating their actions, while a feral werewolf has completely withdrawn into its animal instincts. We'd been toying with the messages you'd get when you tried to activate an item you couldn't use; whether or not you couldn't remember what to do with it, or you just couldn't manage to use it with your deformed hands and lack of opposable thumbs. I'm all for two different messages; one along the lines of 'after a few moments' worth of frustration, you give up trying to use this', and another like 'try as you might, you just can't remember how to use this'. The one you got would depend on whether or not you were leaning towards feral or tame (controlled?).

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Ooh, Infinity, a thought for later. You know how CoH had a good/evil werewolf thing? This is obviously something that can only be considered at a much later stage of development, but what if your form changed over time to reflect yourself? Imagine we had two werewolf models. The current, bulky-berserker-styled one would befit a werewolf that did evil deeds and revelled in murder, while the thinner, sleeker one we plan to create is your starting model, but also the one you keep if you avoid senseless death and limit your kills?

[possible spoiler] I really like the Idea if you appreance changing with your deeds. I've really been wanting to change my werewolf and somehow make him look unique. in that quest where you decide to help or hunt that one werewolf guy for hircine. Well I helped him because I wanted the ring, but when we were both fighting the hunters in beast form it looked weird and strange since we both looked exactly the same! I dont if this bothers anyone else but I'd rather the werewolves look more varied according to their status or just because. I would like to see this implemented especially if there will be more werewolves in the game. It's just something I hope someone will look at and take into consideration!(:

I just thought, what if these "werewolf hunters" had a policy to include the Tame/Feral idea? Like their mission is not to slay werewolves explicitly, but to hunt down feral werewolves. They might secretly have "Tame" werewolves among their ranks. It's alittle bit of a stretch, considering the rampart racism, but wouldn't be entirely inane.

The werewolf hunters are distinct from the sliver hand; they're far more capable than the Silver Hand for one, aren't outlaws, and have some supernatural powers of their own.

Their abilities are as follows: Immunity to disease, resistance to poison, enhanced physical abilities and enhanced senses.

Where those abilities come from is something that will be revealed during Bloodmoon Rising.

Of course, tame werewolves well generally attract a lot less attention than feral ones, since being a feral werewolf implies running around massacring the people of Skyrim, and therefore, you'll have a lot less people pursuing you.

That's not to say the Silver Hand is completely obsolete - they're still around, and they do hunt werewolves regularly.

The werewolf infamy system we're working on... I like it. It won't kill your game if you're caught transforming like you are in Morrowind, but things will get progressively more and more dangerous as you get more careless. And managing to be forgotten is a lot harder than just camping out somewhere and waiting a week or two.

Edited by dianacat777

Just so everyone knows, we're still looking for scripters or anyone who thinks they'll be able to pick up Skyrim's scripting engine. I can do a fair amount of scripting, enough to get most of the mod working, but the really advanced stuff is beyond my ability, or would take to long for me to do alone.

Btw: If any lore buff happens to come across this post, could you inform me how long the playable Mer races live?

Edited by TheElderInfinity

A... while? I know Divath Fyr from Morrowind was ~4,000 years old. At the same time, it's commonly noted that wizards can extend their lifespans considerably (This was how Janus Hassildor managed to avoid suspicion as being the Count of Skingrad for around seventy years. Heh, I loved that guy.), and Divath was definitely a wizard...

Mer do seem to get sick and die of old age eventually.