[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you guys making progress, well at least you got another team member.

Anyway in regard to the feeding thing. Yes. When at low health and I'm finding nothing but animals/creatures I feel like the game is trolling me. And then it actually throws a troll at me. Joke aside, not eating everyone you see is most certainly a good thing, but not necessarily avoiding it entirely. For example, bandits. They harass, rob, and kill innocents, caravans, wandering overpowered players, etc. Killing them is actually a good deed, but I fail to see how eating them is evil. (it's not cannibalism at that point. different species.) As it stands we strip them down of all their (likely ill gotten) goods and leave them there to rot and nobody complains about that...

Oh, and speaking of which, will it be somehow possible to loot, but just not be able to use said looted items? That would reduce a lot of backtracking and tedium.

^ You'll most likely be able to loot, while that's going to fall under Gameplay and Story Segregation, to do otherwise would be unbelievably annoying. At the absolute minimum we'll let you grab quest items and open containers with quest items in them.

Regarding the feeding, I imagine it'll be a point of debate between the various factions in the game as to whether or not is is acceptable to feed on humanoids under any circumstances.

Well, feeding won't be a dire necessity anymore, as you'll be able to regenerate health naturally (at a relatively fast rate). Feeding will give you a stat boost, probably, but it's not the only way to heal yourself.

Looting? Hmm. You see, that's totally immersion breaking. But I confess to playing CoH as being able to loot. It was just so... convenient. And even in Morrowind, it was a pain clearing out dungeons and then having to backtrack to pick up everything.

My question is - where would the werewolf be carrying all this stuff? ... :/ It's immersion-breaking, but at the same time, to not have it tends to break gameplay. Now, if you had a human follower, you could command them to pick stuff up. But who wants a human follower when you can have a pack of wolfy minions?

We have a new member? :o *looks around* Hello, Sergyu! Thanks so much for offering to help! We could really use your experience. :o Agreed on the other animals, and also - should we consider Falmer and giants as 'people'? Both are sentient races. Although the Falmer might be poisonous...

By the way - if there's anything anyone wants me to conceptualize, be it a quest, a character, a perk tree, etc, just ask and I'll think something up.

Merry Christmas, everyone! <3

Edited by dianacat777

merry christmas for first.

Second: immersion killing yes! looting would be a problem for those who love to role-play it; still, you can make a standalone that can make people loot for those who doesn't care about that little immersion breaking.

but, sorry if i make it look like more a sum of codes instead of an experience, we need that quest related items/actions/interactions can be done in beast form or there is a risk to make some quests buggy or extremely annoying.

Edited by argan

Well, we could have an ini like CoH did; things like being able to read, sleep, loot, pick locks, open containers. They'd be automatically off, but you could personally turn them on if you really wanted to be able to use them.

Or we could find ways to accomplish similar things through perks, quests, and other things.

Interactions in beast form - I think you should be able to 'talk' to people, but any non-werewolf-friendly NPC greets you like they greeted a vampire in Morrowind; fearful phrases, like 'By the Divines, a werewolf!' 'Help, werewolf!' 'Please don't hurt me!' 'Aaarrgh!' 'Talos save me!', accompanied by fleeing (such phrases would attract guards and nearby npcs that function as them), while braver characters like guards and hunters would attack with phrases like 'I'll kill you, you filthy beast!' and the generic battle calls people will shout while fighting werewolves.

Friendly NPCs; you can only really make wolfy sounds at them. Friendly humans can't understand you, but won't attack unless you start any aggressive behavior. (We need to make the Howl of Rage not hit friendlies, btw, because it does that.) Werewolves can take cues from you, like 'follow me', 'stay hidden', 'attack', 'avoid danger', 'go there', 'dismiss', etc, like any follower can.

If you have a human follower that's cool with your lycanthropy, you can give them instructions before sunset, but you can't really change their orders while you're a werewolf. Maybe you can do really simple things (pointing at something = pick up, I don't know), but not much.

At least, that's my idea.

Edited by dianacat777

Well, the ESP files in... oh wait, I think that was esm. Although I feel like I saw several oblivion esp files with inis.

...Yeah, upon checking, I see a few of my Oblivion mods with inis are ESP files. Including CoH Resurrected.

Things may be different with Skyrim, but I think that file type in and of itself is compatible...