[WIP] Call of Hircine: Bloodmoon Rising

TheElderInfinity

^^^ You're right on the mark about the werewolf hunters being founded after the last Bloodmoon. Of course, their role has expanded quite a bit beyond merely hunting werewolves.

Argan: Wrong Daedra prince, but a somewhat correct idea. The hunters' powers don't directly come from a Daedra prince, but they have something to do with Meridia.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This all looks so amazing guys!

Is there any word on when work will be able to start on creating the mod?

Would you like any assistance on dialogues/plotting?

Which of the suggested features do you think are most likely to be implemented so far?

Keep up the amazing work!

In my dead-time i will propose something.

Reading the topic post i noticed you mainly talked about sneak, but im wondering if player that aren't based on sneak can choose to be more bulky and straight-foward in their actions (we are still talking about beasts with a sentient mind, so the character change).

A lot of people mentioned a werewolf skill-tree and i think is the best idea 'cause a lot of people would personalize their way of fighting as beasts.

Ideas:

Lycanthropy : the skill rises on how much you transform/stay in beast form/use related skills

Tier 1 :

Tough Skin (5 point skill) : Add % armor level to your basic werewolf armor (basic werewolf armor is based on level of character + stamina level, for example), but silver can pierce through this armor rating

Tier 2 :

Ambush (sneak tier) : While doing a double charge attack (both mouse buttons pressed) in sneak mode you jump foward doing a double attack that knockdown your foe.

Furious Charge (fighter tier) : Your sprint does knockback/knockdown (based on enemy level) to enemies hit by you, plus deal single claw damage to each of them.

Tier 3 :

Cunning (sneak tier) : normally sneak attacks of claws will do always x2, with this instead will take the x6 of the Sneaking skill tier if you have that (in the end you have to be a sneaky character to be a sneaky werewolf).

Steel Claws (fighter tier) (3 point skill) : gain 10% armor penetration with claw attacks (kajiit and argonian form included) each level (or just a flat 25% for 1 point skill)

Tier 4 :

Animal reflexes (sneak tier) : gives dodge chance

Scent (middle tier connected at Tier 1) : can use the scent ability (detect life) and can auto-detect wounded or weaker enemies on X meters(Flat amount of health)

Painless (fighter tier) : Ignores X% of every damage (except silver)

Tier 5 :

Into the Fray (fighter tier) : +Health +Health regen

Pounce (sneak tier) : auto crit the double charged attack while sneaking.

Shock (middle tier) : even if you tranform in front of innocent NPCs, they will forget who you are from the shock of your transformation

still got some ideas on the run, i will keep suggesting to see if you will like some of them.

^^ Okay, chronologically, we're going to start whenever Bethesda releases the Creation Kit since this mod will require the creation or modification of a number of global variables and at least one global script for baseline functionality. The lunar transformations and tweaks to werewolves are going to be our first priority, though until we get someone who's capable in 3d animation or modeling, we won't have the better/customizable werewolves or sneaking in beast form, though I suppose we could use their walk animation as a place holder. Regarding the suggested ideas, the beast form perk tree is the most likely. Some other suggestions were already planned on being incorporated into the mod, so I didn't mention those.

We've gotten a lot of volunteers for voice acting, one of which is apparently a professional voice actor with a studio microphone, and I think between me and Diannacat777, we've got the script covered. We'll need a great deal more help in terms of level design and AI scripting (since I'm hoping to make the enemies in this quest significantly smarter than the average stealth game guards with heavy scripting.)

^ naturally you'll be able to just charge in and kill everything. Do realize that many predators, including wolves, employ stealthy tactics in real life, since a drawn out chase isn't ideal.; humans are rather exceptional among most animals for their endurance, in ancient times hunters would frequently catch prey simply by chasing it until it tired out.

This looks like a wonderful mod, good luck making it! I was sorely disappointed with Skyrim's werewolves.

There are a few things that came to mind as I read the first post. Will you add a moon chart of some kind, for the phases of the moon? Maybe add it to the map? If this already exists in the game, I may have missed it, and sorry. You note in one of your benchmarks that NPCs would all transform on the same night as the player - will you ever alter this to make their chances the same, rather than having them all related? Are you planning on making werewolf form less powerful, since it lasts for a longer amount of time?

I would help if I could, but the only input I can give is ideas, I have no modding experience.

I know wolves well, since i was a little child i've seen everything about them, so i know their behaviour.

But we have to keep in consideration that there is a sentient mind (i don't mention human 'cause not even half of the races are human) and what the beast does (except for ferals) is giving for first a good amount of bloodlust, then it comes instincts and then the behaviour of a cunning predator as the wolf is.

In short a big badass warrior with a mind of a bird will almost do the same things as his beast form.

Well, im still trying to figure out how a tame (mainly good ones) behave while shifting...

Edited by argan

Guys its your lucky day I do work in Photoshop and Cinema4D.If you have played Batman Arkham City you can see the way Catwoman sneaks,search it on YouTube.A sneaking animation for a werewolf crawling similar to her would do the trick.If your interested please contact me and we can set up a name and some placeholder design for the logo,by the way Merry Christmas everyone <3.

EDIT : The way of feeding in Skyrim is somehow unfinished,you should be able to also feed on Elk,Goats and so on,not only on the playable races.

Edited by sergyu2500

I'd love to have you on our team/working on this mod/even designing just the logo. =)

I've sent a PM to you regarding the mod.

^ Ah yes, I forgot about that one. We'll definitely need to add feeding on animals, though maybe it should be a perk you have to get (since feeding on animals rather than sentient beings is a "good werewolf" thingy.)