progress in behavior files(almost done!)

theru

Oh so the new file just uses the exported file to derive it's links and whatnot? So you aren't actually using/changing/or re introducing the exported file? This is where it was confusing, on the surface it all looks like you have to manually put old and new together, so any new stuff would have to be merged in manually. Instead there's no change made to the existing behavior, you're just using the exported version so the new behavior can *tell* the game it's a part of it. Sounds solid if that's the case. Not an intuitive solution at all, good work.

if ure thinking of creating a new character from scratch i ll help u setup the thing correcly with behavior

u need to setup abit diffrently

what i mean new mesh skeleton animation and so on

i will try recreate bethsedas own project file later on

Edited by theru

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey so this has been exactly what i had been looking for in the past few days, and i am really impressed that you have got it working!

but in relation to creating new animations for things; do i need to create a new skeleton for an actor to give it a new animation

as an example, lets say i wanted to add a new animation to a giant, is there no way i can use the skeleton that comes from the skyrim - animation bsa file, even if i convert it to xml standard hkx?

I think you may have already answered this, but it didnt seem very clear wether you were talking about adding a completely new actor, or using one from bethesda

hey so this has been exactly what i had been looking for in the past few days, and i am really impressed that you have got it working!

but in relation to creating new animations for things; do i need to create a new skeleton for an actor to give it a new animation

as an example, lets say i wanted to add a new animation to a giant, is there no way i can use the skeleton that comes from the skyrim - animation bsa file, even if i convert it to xml standard hkx?

I think you may have already answered this, but it didnt seem very clear wether you were talking about adding a completely new actor, or using one from bethesda

what i did was i downloaded the correct version of content tools to fit into enviroment of behavior tool i downloaded content tools _6_0_0 installed it into another version of max 3d max 8(i usally use 2010), imported skeleton from bethseda with niftools re exported the skeleton with that version of havok content tools and got a functional skeleton to use in behavior tool^^

now if u deside to export mesh skinned in skeleton, just skin it with skin forget the dismemberment.

and if u wanna be even more correct export it with ragdoll to, but that isnt necesary since it will work either way ^^

if u doing some for human, u will find my skeleton on first page here 1 thread or in my downloadable file at

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13376

project folder->characterassets

Edited by theru

thanks for reply, i think i get it now, still might need a tutorial though :D

and also, i tried just following your tutorial for a new animation, but had some troubles, so i then decided to load your plugin, and when i load the plugin it comes up with a warning which says ANIMATION:Could not find root behaviour for project actors\character\release/bethseda.hkx. is this set up properly?

i clicked yes to all to disbla all warnings and found the npc 'bethseda', loaded it, but when i looked under the animations tab i couldnt find the animation called beth, its just not there

if i go to the gameplay tab at the top, then click on animations, i can find the animation thing there though.

could you please help me with this, i would greatly aprreciate it :)

Edited by barnard401

I will need a video tutorial about about how to make a animation from scratch and put in into skyrim.

I got 3ds max 8

Right now the CK it doesnt work for me it says it stopeed working when loading windows, it used to work but now no.

I can make animations into 3ds max if i have lets say a skinned nord but then how do i put it into skyirm will be problem.

Edited by MikeDavis

thanks for reply, i think i get it now, still might need a tutorial though :D

and also, i tried just following your tutorial for a new animation, but had some troubles, so i then decided to load your plugin, and when i load the plugin it comes up with a warning which says ANIMATION:Could not find root behaviour for project actors\character\release/bethseda.hkx. is this set up properly?

i clicked yes to all to disbla all warnings and found the npc 'bethseda', loaded it, but when i looked under the animations tab i couldnt find the animation called beth, its just not there

if i go to the gameplay tab at the top, then click on animations, i can find the animation thing there though.

could you please help me with this, i would greatly aprreciate it :)

u need to put my release folder into actors/character/rename RELEASE to release thats why creation kit stops and freezes cus u havent put my folder in there and creationkit cant find the files

Edited by theru

I will need a video tutorial about about how to make a animation from scratch and put in into skyrim.

I got 3ds max 8

Right now the CK it doesnt work for me it says it stopeed working when loading windows, it used to work but now no.

I can make animations into 3ds max if i have lets say a skinned nord but then how do i put it into skyirm will be problem.

vids soon up

part 1 video is up

Edited by theru