progress in behavior files(almost done!)

theru

one thing that amazes me is that creationkit dosnt bother what version your files is in, thats pretty neat cus it speed up the process very much, only thing it whines about is if animationfiles and skeleton if they arent same version as beth uses

so this files skeleton needs to be resaved in beth content version and animationfile needs to be replaced by new ones in the end when finilazing the folder for use in in creationkit

Edited by theru

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its just me, but your tutorial doesnt cover how to make a custom behavior, just how to edit the one you made, I would like to know all the steps, from the conversion to xml, to the changes you do in the XML version, how do u convert it back, the rest its nothing more than adding new animations to a behavior, which we could already do with hkxcmd.

Maybe its just me, but your tutorial doesnt cover how to make a custom behavior, just how to edit the one you made, I would like to know all the steps, from the conversion to xml, to the changes you do in the XML version, how do u convert it back, the rest its nothing more than adding new animations to a behavior, which we could already do with hkxcmd.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13376

it does cover it^^ and i dont convert anything

and u dont need hkxcmd, i assume u want to download my file and read the read me once more time

Edited by theru

how to create it on the start of read me file.

the folders in the file is there to simply the creation some people, like im one of them like to study a project before creating one myself

thats the best way to learn to have something to compare against

Edited by theru

OK maybe im not explaining myself well... Lets say I want to add a few new animations into the Troll behavior (to put it as an example), following your instructions, I would have to recreate the whole troll behavior from scratch in order to add my new animations to it.

OK maybe im not explaining myself well... Lets say I want to add a few new animations into the Troll behavior (to put it as an example), following your instructions, I would have to recreate the whole troll behavior from scratch in order to add my new animations to it.

well then u have to recreate the skeleton of the troll yourself and export it with an erlier version of content tool so it fit into enviroment to behaviortool

and no u dont need to create a new behavior from scratch as i have mention many time before now, this just add this behavior as child/slave to the rest of vanilla behaviors, u wiill still have the vanilla behavior, your file is new but using morphing will alow u to use bethsedas behavior aswell

Oh so the new file just uses the exported file to derive it's links and whatnot? So you aren't actually using/changing/or re introducing the exported file? This is where it was confusing, on the surface it all looks like you have to manually put old and new together, so any new stuff would have to be merged in manually. Instead there's no change made to the existing behavior, you're just using the exported version so the new behavior can *tell* the game it's a part of it. Sounds solid if that's the case. Not an intuitive solution at all, good work.