progress in behavior files(almost done!)

theru

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Please excuse my ignorance but will this allow us to create new 'Anim Types' for weapons? i.e onehanded, hand2hand, staff etc?

Or is this for something else?

Thanks

u can add as many animations to one behavior as u want but u need to do same tree in havok behavior for each animation, and it dosnt matter what animation u can choose what type u want , loop , user control single play , ping pong,

Ok im trying to add a custom animation I made into the behavior, I imported it to 3dsmax using hkxcmd, then exported it used the havok content tools, if I overwrite that animation for another, it works fine, the game plays the animation, but when I try to add it on the behavior tool it gives this error:

Unable to load animation file "C:\behavior\Project02\Animations\mt_jumpfall.hkx".

I compared your BethesdaAnimation which loads just fine and the I saw mine giving an error under Number of Samples while yours doesnt, any feedback would be appreciated hehe.

Ok im trying to add a custom animation I made into the behavior, I imported it to 3dsmax using hkxcmd, then exported it used the havok content tools, if I overwrite that animation for another, it works fine, the game plays the animation, but when I try to add it on the behavior tool it gives this error:

Unable to load animation file "C:\behavior\Project02\Animations\mt_jumpfall.hkx".

I compared your BethesdaAnimation which loads just fine and the I saw mine giving an error under Number of Samples while yours doesnt, any feedback would be appreciated hehe.

now if u follow my video tutorial u see i use my own animation file or u can use the files included in behavior tool. i simply just rename the file, u have to use an old file in production and then later u can change to new file , see my video tutorial

i dont use hkx cmd at all in this tutorial as of now we cant load up bethsedas animation files in havok tool thats why u need to do as i do, use old animationfile in behavior tool, after u have exported project then u change animationfile to a new one(your own) with same name

Edited by theru

holy f***ing s*** I got it to work, ill be damned !! now time to try it ingame with my script.

gratz :D

u know u can add as many animations u want to one behavior, just do the same on all the animation nodes generator and such

Well it does work in the editor, but it doesnt when I try to play the animation in-game using the SendAnimationEvent on papyrus.

did u select your event?, u might need to add some condition to it in creationkit.

im not good on the script thing so i cant help u there

try to play it direcly in console command?

Edited by theru