⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"%20" is the ASCII code for " ", ("space", "blank") .

ASCII Table Organization

The code itself was patterned so that most control codes were together, and all graphic codes were together, for ease of identification. The first two columns (32 positions) were reserved for control characters The "space" character (an "invisible graphic") had to come before the other graphics to make sorting easier, so it became position 20(hex).

Sometimes a client will display the code, rather than the character. This something at your end.

Does this happen every time? Does this happen with every similar file? Does this happen with files for a specific game, or all games?

In response to post #18280794.

I'm only playing Skyrim ATM, so no idea about other games. It started happening August 28:th. Before that it had never happened - after that it happens with almost all downloads, but not all. Using NMM 0.52.1.

Here's a screenshot of the download folder:

http://i.imgur.com/gPZgJAo.jpg Edited by Arkngt

In response to post #18305589.

I don't think my browser has anything to do with it as this is downloads via NMM, but I'm using Chrome. I just checked and I have the same issue with Firefox. Check the picture in my earlier post for lots of different archives with this issue. Two examples:

Jaxonz%20Droppable%20Statics-57756-0-1.zip

Realistic%20Clouds%202K-56137-1-1.7z

In response to post #18358179.

Possible workaround, use manual download, the file names are correct, only download with manager automatic downloads messes up the file name.
Edited by TKHBMVP