Hope For The Best, But Expect The Worst

Zanderat

I have strong doubts that they've consulted a lawyer, or if they did, it was one who didn't know what they should about Internet legalities. Each case is individual, and I'm not a lawyer, so I won't comment in detail, but I see some things on the site that, if presented in court, would almost certainly be tossed out. I hope, for his sake, Robin consults a better lawyer than the one(s) he's been using so far, if any.

The idea that Robin doesn't have a lawyer versed in internet law and privacy to run all this by is laughable. As is the idea that non-lawyers would understand it well enough to contradict said lawyer.

And yet, there have been famous court cases fought and lost on the very same issues I'm talking about. Companies with whole teams of lawyers screw up, don't consult their lawyers, their lawyers are wrong, and so forth. I don't pretend for a moment that I'm 100% right, but sometimes, even armchair quarterbacks can see when the real quarterback messed up.

Robin consulted his lawyer, I can assure you of that. Thing is, yes, these cases are determine on an individual (case by case) level. Unless/Until someone takes it to court, the rules, as they are, stand. I don't see anyone taking this to that level over free mods.....

Okay, I thought the movie poster they used in "The Last Action Hero" was the right one. :whistling:

Do you have your Golden Ticket?

Man, we are WAY off topic here...... :D

Actually, we aren't off topic at all. Both of us have been around since the MW Chronicles..... we have perspective..... or we are just old......

I prefer 'experienced'. :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless/Until someone takes it to court, the rules, as they are, stand. I don't see anyone taking this to that level over free mods.....

I certainly won't argue with that logic. I remember back at the beginning seeing a post suggesting the person would sue, but more than likely that was internet bluster. Still, some people get pissy about their rights and all it takes is one person with a righteous attitude and money to spare. That person sure as hell isn't me, though. :down:

Unless/Until someone takes it to court, the rules, as they are, stand. I don't see anyone taking this to that level over free mods.....

I certainly won't argue with that logic. I remember back at the beginning seeing a post suggesting the person would sue, but more than likely that was internet bluster. Still, some people get pissy about their rights and all it takes is one person with a righteous attitude and money to spare. That person sure as hell isn't me, though. :down:

Yeah, I think one of the requirements for mod authors is "Poor as a churchmouse." :D

Yes, but Nexus Collections won't have that huge flaw.

It's worth noting that even the people who are against this have often pointed out how Nexus has almost always been on the side of the Authors before now. Authors are half a percent of the members on Nexus. Since this appears to be an either or situation, with no realistic way for both sides to win, is it a surprise that they are choosing to support the other 99.5% of the members this time?

Maybe because it's our content that the reason this site was started and still exists to this day in the first place?

Your content, the employees work, the members payments.

One leg doesn't hold up a chair.

Except in this case that first leg actually does hold up the chair. Without mod authors to upload content, there are no employees or members.