Uninstalled some follower mods, now PRIDs shifted and mod scripts not loading

JoeSchmoe6002

its NOT a Vortex problem.

to resolve it - delete your data folder - that gets rid of everything. verify your local files via steam and re-install your mods from the archives.

Totally new to that, any idea how I'd go about doing so without losing my mods? I have a few that I downloaded from places other than Nexus Mods.

Do I just uninstall them from Vortex, but it's okay to keep them in the list (as uninstalled), or do I have to remove them entirely and start from scratch?

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

the archives you downloaded are saved for re-installation. they won't be in your game folders, they will be - or should be - in a separate download directory which is away from your game files.

the archives you downloaded are saved for re-installation. they won't be in your game folders, they will be - or should be - in a separate download directory which is away from your game files.

So they'll still be listed within the Vortex "mods" folder, and I can just re-install them from there?

Also is the correct procedure just to straight up delete the data folder? Will that mess up anything with Vortex that thinks those mods are still installed?

So they'll still be listed within the Vortex "mods" folder, and I can just re-install them from there?

Also is the correct procedure just to straight up delete the data folder? Will that mess up anything with Vortex that thinks those mods are still installed?

PURGE the Mods First

PURGE the Mods First

What does this mean, exactly? Just uninstalling everything in the Vortex menu?

EDIT: Apologies for asking so many questions btw, I tried googling around and I can't find a guide on how to do this anywhere, maybe I'm just phrasing my searches wrong

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

PURGE the Mods First

What does this mean, exactly? Just uninstalling everything in the Vortex menu?

EDIT: Apologies for asking so many questions btw, I tried googling around and I can't find a guide on how to do this anywhere, maybe I'm just phrasing my searches wrong

Try clicking on KNOWLEDGE BASE built into Vortex.

PURGE, you use the PURGE button in order to sever the hardlinks to the mods, so that you can delete the game directory and start over, then when the game is reinstalled you can hit DEPLOY and your mods will be back in the game

It's all in the Knowledge Base along with Video Tutorials built into Vortex.

PURGE, you use the PURGE button in order to sever the hardlinks to the mods, so that you can delete the game directory and start over, then when the game is reinstalled you can hit DEPLOY and your mods will be back in the game

Tried checking the Knowledge Base and it didn't have anything for purge, but tried googling w/ that new term and I found this:

How do you purge a vortex mod?

In the Mods section, click on one of your files and press Ctrl + A to select all mods. This will reveal the batch menu at the bottom of the window. From here, click the “Remove” button. In the delete popup, you will have the option to also remove the archive which was used to install the mod.

If I do as this instructs will I be okay? Do I need to do something beforehand to ensure that my mods don't get removed permanently, or will they be back as soon as I hit DEPLOY again?

Tried checking the Knowledge Base and it didn't have anything for purge, but tried googling w/ that new term and I found this:

How do you purge a vortex mod?

In the Mods section, click on one of your files and press Ctrl + A to select all mods. This will reveal the batch menu at the bottom of the window. From here, click the “Remove” button. In the delete popup, you will have the option to also remove the archive which was used to install the mod.

If I do as this instructs will I be okay? Do I need to do something beforehand to ensure that my mods don't get removed permanently, or will they be back as soon as I hit DEPLOY again?

The instructions you just looked up will UNINSTALL and DELETE all of your mods

Just hit the PURGE Button...

Vortex-Menu-purge.jpg

You're making it a lot harder than it needs to be, and if you had followed those other instructions, you would have to re-download all of your mods

Vortex-Menu-purge.jpg

You're making it a lot harder than it needs to be, and if you had followed those other instructions, you would have to re-download all of your mods

That was close then LOL, glad I asked here before I did anything

for deleting the game directory, is that just the Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data folder? Just delete that and then verify game files through steam, and then I can redeploy?

Vortex-Menu-purge.jpg

That was close then LOL, glad I asked here before I did anything

for deleting the game directory, is that just the Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data folder? Just delete that and then verify game files through steam, and then I can redeploy?

Yes, just like that