Uninstalled some follower mods, now PRIDs shifted and mod scripts not loading

JoeSchmoe6002

The instructions you just looked up will UNINSTALL and DELETE all of your mods

Just hit the PURGE Button...

Vortex-Menu-purge.jpg

You're making it a lot harder than it needs to be, and if you had followed those other instructions, you would have to re-download all of your mods

That was close then LOL, glad I asked here before I did anything

for deleting the game directory, is that just the Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Data folder? Just delete that and then verify game files through steam, and then I can redeploy?

Yes, just like that

Should I create a new blank folder named "Data" after I do this?

EDIT: Never mind I think I might have gotten it, tried to start up a new game n now I need to update SKSE I guess cuz some stuff like SKY UI wasn't loading? Not sure. Will have to come back to this later tonight.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Never mind I think I might have gotten it, tried to start up a new game n now I need to update SKSE I guess cuz some stuff like SKY UI wasn't loading? Not sure. Will have to come back to this later tonight.

NO, please stop overthinking it, and stop doing things that aren't required.

The entire point of deleting the DATA folder and then having Steam verify your files, is to make Steam restore the Data folder.

I have a feeling that you're being your own worst enemy in all of this, and instead of following instructions, you are adding steps and getting confused.

NO, please stop overthinking it, and stop doing things that aren't required.

The entire point of deleting the DATA folder and then having Steam verify your files, is to make Steam restore the Data folder.

I have a feeling that you're being your own worst enemy in all of this, and instead of following instructions, you are adding steps and getting confused.

I won't deny that I'm new to this, but I don't think making the blank data folder there caused the failure

Just to be safe I re-did it just as instructed though:

I purged, verified game files, waited for the data file to restore all by itself, then I re-deployed mods, and I'm still having the exact same problem as I listed in the OP.

No idea where/how to proceed.

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

Guest deleted34304850

for some odd reason, its beyond you to follow basic instruction. until you learn to do that and not go off down rabbit holes you won't get your stuff working.

good luck figuring it out. i am sure you'll fix it eventually.

for some odd reason, its beyond you to follow basic instruction. until you learn to do that and not go off down rabbit holes you won't get your stuff working.

good luck figuring it out. i am sure you'll fix it eventually.

I don't understand, I thought I did exactly as was instructed at least the 2nd time around, first time all I did differently was making the blank data folder.

Purged mods, verified game files, then re-deployed mods. Didn't do anything more or less than that.

Was there an instruction that was given that I missed?

You have changed your load order. PRID depends on the load order to set the first two digits of the PRID.

Any PRID numbers you have recorded will no longer work since you have changed your load order.

Does the issue of PRID values not matching up w/ those listed in AreYouThere not get fixed after a purge/re-deploy? Note I'm just using the PRID numbers listed WITHIN AreYouThere, which I thought would be based on what it actually reads in the other files. I'm not writing them down and referencing them from a notepad or anything

Also how likely is it that the PRID issue is related to the "mods not loading other mods" issue, which frankly is the real problem

Edited by JoeSchmoe6002

PRID changes with the INDEX depending on removal and adding of mods, each thing gets a unique ID generated at the start of the game, removing or adding mods, makes the old PRID invalid

EX:

Mod A.esp
Mod B.esp
Mod C.esp
Are you there.esp

Mod A - 00194375
Mod B - 01459371
Mod C - 0258274
Are you there - 0333424

Now, you uninstall Mod B

Mod A - 00194375
Mod C - 0158274
Are you there - 0233424

PRID changes with the INDEX depending on removal and adding of mods, each thing gets a unique ID generated at the start of the game, removing or adding mods, makes the old PRID invalid

EX:

Mod A.esp

Mod B.esp

Mod C.esp

Are you there.esp

Mod A - 00194375

Mod B - 01459371

Mod C - 0258274

Are you there - 0333424

Now, you uninstall Mod B

Mod A - 00194375

Mod C - 0158274

Are you there - 0233424

Would, in theory, re-installing AreYouThere after removing it from vortex entirely make those listed values within AreYouThere match up with the actual PRID values again?

Also purging/re-deploying didn't seem to solve the "mods not loading other mods" problem, unless I did it wrong again, but I feel like I didn't mess up the 2nd time.

Basically every "Live Another Life" option I choose just ends with no transition and with me still in the cell