XBOX 360 going downhill?

inggrish

Gaming systems  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these platforms (if any) do you own???

• Gaming PC
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Microsoft Xbox 360

Well, microsoft has already waved their hand once and made a magic new system: It's called the Xbox 360 Elite. The Mobo was redesigned, and there was a different processor installed to cope with overheating problems. I wouldn't be surprised for them to do it again.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, yeah, the 360 is starting to decline due to the fact people are now realizing what they can push the PS3 to do. There will be a few more games created for it, but the 360 is gone in the near future: This confirmed by the VP of the Seattle division of Microsoft who happens to be my second cousin. Just called him to ask. They have an R&D team already working on the next xbox, and are estimating it to be out in the next two to three years.

In all honesty, yeah, the 360 is starting to decline due to the fact people are now realizing what they can push the PS3 to do. There will be a few more games created for it, but the 360 is gone in the near future: This confirmed by the VP of the Seattle division of Microsoft who happens to be my second cousin. Just called him to ask. They have an R&D team already working on the next xbox, and are estimating it to be out in the next two to three years.

Erm... If you could just call up the VP of the Seattle division and get an answer, what the hell was the point of this thread?

lol. I would say that the 360 has maybe 2 years tops left for it. And I would say that the ps3 has about 6 or 7 years left; however I reckon once the new XBOX is released depending on the price opf ther new system compared to the ps3, sony may have to develop a counter console for the new XBOX for competition.

But something to consider, just because a console is deemed "obsolete" it doesn't mean it wont be useful

my TV entertainment set includes a PS1 (the latest console I own) and I do use it occasionally

my vote went to the PC.

Pretty sure most developers still way prefer working on the XBox 360 than the PS3...it's so much easier as a development platform. Just because the PS3 is more powerful doesn't mean it's a better system -- look at the Wii, it's the least powerful but tops both the XBox 360 and PS3 in sales performance due to its versatility, openness to casual gaming and wide array of games.

The XBox 360 is far from dead, and there won't be a new console generation out for many, many years. We're in a recession here folks!

I have never really liked the XBox system so thats why I got a PS3.

You end up paying more for the XBox than you do for a PS3 anyway.

Many of my friends believe that an XBox is only worth having if you have XBox live.

So once you have had that for so long, you end up paying a lot more than you would for the PS3 due to its free online capability.

I don't think it is going downhill to fast but more people will soon be put off it by the limits and move to the PS3. I know a few who already have.

When did the Xbox ever climb up the hill?

I just don't like xboxes. The controllers are bad (granted, an improvement over the old ones, but they just don't seem to fit right), terrible reliability (of 4 people I know who had one, 3 of them have had major breakdowns, and all have had many minor problems) and I prefer the ps3 games (Killzone 2, MGS4, Motorstorm, LBP)

But thats just my tastes.