Temple of Meridia Redone

TyrionBean

After finishing the Meridia's Beacon quest on my latest playthrough, I thought about this very subject, I was going to start a thread on the subject here, but Lo and behold, it's already been requested!.

What I thought might be a good Idea is for either a) Create essentially a "player home" mod that spruces up the temple after the completion of the quest, The Killkreath Balcony offers wonderful views for a "porch" area and there is plenty of room inside for various additions and rooms.

Or b) A bit more complicated idea, is perhaps create a "clone" or mashup so to speak of the Vigilant's of Stendarr and/or the Companions and/or The Blades. The Harbinger's of Meridia or some such Lol. With you (the PC) as High Priest and your followers out derring do and depressing the oppressed :) The "mechanics" are already in game in some form or another, = the wandering and patrolling NPC's (Vigilant's, Companions etc.) and the ability to "feed" follower's to a faction (the Blades) I'm not any good whatsoever at scripting or such, and only very Untalented at texturing and meshing, but I'd be happy to see something like this implemented.

We already have many mods that improve other Faction bases that the PC becomes leader of (Blades, TG, DB, CoW etc) so why not create a "new" faction/group?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have many mods that improve other Faction bases that the PC becomes leader of (Blades, TG, DB, CoW etc) so why not create a "new" faction/group?

I've been waiting for people to pick this idea up. I'm feeling like the fanbase of Meridia is as small in real life as it is in Skyrim.

If only I have the time and skills, I would have done this on my own, but I don't. xD

Alternatively, I recently created a Meridia's Spectre follower mod, and it's already available on the site. I plan to first add a custom voice and dialogue to her so there'd at least be someone to recognize you as Meridia's Champion 'cause no one else in the game does. If possible, I also plan to make an entire questline + faction for her. Sadly, like I said, I don't really have time and the skills for the technical stuff, but I am willing to do writing and voice acting if need be.

We can add new NPCs to find that have come to Skyrim because they saw the light shining upon Meridia's old temple, and now they want to come Kilkreath Temple to worship Meridia. Something like that.

I personally wish the Spectraverse - Magic of the Magna-Ge mod team didn't have their NPCs refer to the player as Dragonborn but required players to complete Meridia's quest instead. The Dragonborn reference thing is minor, but it's just that I'm done with playing as the Dragonborn. lol

Another alternative option would be to simply mke use of Sokco's Guild Starter mod, but then there'd be no special relation to Meridia at all.

I've to say though that I've tried out neither mod so I can't speak for them.

My latest character just cleared out Kilkreath Temple yesterday and I was thinking the same thing. The light is shining through there from the beacon, but the temple has hardly returned to glory.

Maybe some priests and acolytes could move in and the place gets revamped and painted instead of being all dirty; get rid of the cobwebs etc?

Maybe it could be scripted to the number or hit points of Undead you slay with Dawnbreaker, so her fame and glory spreads as you destroy Undead in her name? Join the Dawnguard and kill even more. They are probably not so uptight about ALL Daedra being evil as the Vigilants are.

Maybe for every 500 hp of lesser Undead you put down, an acolyte appears and starts painting half a chamber per week or something? Then at 5000 hp, a priest turns up. At 10,000 another Priest and a High Priest? Up to a reasonable limit for a working temple.

Maybe they could sell Holy Water, garlic and silver weapons with suitable enchantments?

~.~

i was gunna say this love the idea off feeling the effort put into using the weapon :D

Holy Necro Thread, Batman!

Nevertheless, it is STILL a great idea! This is the thing with Beth games - they seem to leave SO much stuff out and so many loose ends, it's like they EXPECT mod authors to finish it off.

I think the only way this will get done if an actual Quest Mod author was contacted and asked to look at this thread and see if he was interested. I can make very simple quests which start off when you read a book or letter, activate an undiscovered map marker and so on. But messing with Vanilla quests is something way beyond my modest abilities.

One way might be that once the vanilla quest is over, and the sword is in inventory, an in-game counter starts and after a few days, a messenger or letter arrives. Or maybe once you kill a number of Undead a new quest starts? Changing the environment and clutter would involve actually replacing things in a timed, scripted fashion. I think mods like Helgen Reborn work by creating a new world space to put them in, so it does not interfere with any Vanilla stuff.

There is another desecrated temple some where up North (the Dawnstar area?) where people have bad dreams and after helping the priest cleanse the place, he starts to rebuild it. But, again, nothing much ever happens. If you ever return, he just gives the same old dialogue thanking you for your help and how he is going to redeem himself by rebuilding the temple etc.

~

There is another desecrated temple some where up North (the Dawnstar area?) where people have bad dreams and after helping the priest cleanse the place, he starts to rebuild it. But, again, nothing much ever happens. If you ever return, he just gives the same old dialogue thanking you for your help and how he is going to redeem himself by rebuilding the temple etc.

Nightcaller Temple, yes. It's another Daedric quest that I enjoy because I like Erandur's character and the fact that you get to defy a 'malevolent' Daedric Prince with someone.

Anyway, I'm back with another Meridia-related mod. :) It's an Auroran follower mod which I voiced myself (hopefully the VA isn't bad). I used the Auroran Resource mod which I mentioned in a previous reply to this thread.

- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72862

Here's my first one which is a Meridia's Spectre follower mod, if you want to see.

- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72573

I put them both at the Kilkreath Temple location. :)

I don't want to 'advertise' but I want to give back to the community and spread the love with other Meridia fans. xD

Nightcaller Temple, yes.

That's the one!

I think I'll take a look at your mods. I don't usually do follower mods as I still use the last version of the original UFO and it can be buggy with DG/DB followers as well as follower mods, and I usually use Jenassa and a few other stealth-capable followers from the Vanilla base game.

But it's worth taking a look! :D

~

^ Interesting. I've actually seen that thread before, but personally I don't like adding too much non-vanilla stuff into the game. I can help with some writing and voice-acting, maybe. lol I just really want a mod that adds a faction for Meridia. The Nephilim Race mod satisfies me for now in terms of feeling like a holy character. Still, I'd like to hear if any of these ideas have been picked up but a skilled modder. :)