NMM 0.50.0 and NMM Legacy releases

Dark0ne

I was wounder if an option could be added to stop the manager from deleting active mods just because i deleted the zip. Some of the mods can be massive and storing the zips after an install is kind redundant. I run into issues where it dosent give me the option to cancel and it removes the mod cause cdt then having to run tsedit to find the missing mod then re-download. At current my NMM mod folder is 3.87 gig, I'd like to at lest be able to dump the massive ones with out the NMM flipping its lid.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wounder if an option could be added to stop the manager from deleting active mods just because i deleted the zip. Some of the mods can be massive and storing the zips after an install is kind redundant. I run into issues where it dosent give me the option to cancel and it removes the mod cause cdt then having to run tsedit to find the missing mod then re-download. At current my NMM mod folder is 3.87 gig, I'd like to at lest be able to dump the massive ones with out the NMM flipping its lid.

NMM needs the original download/zip/archive file in order to maintain legacy functionality, for example, you install mod A, then you install mod B which overwrites certain files from mod A. If you uninstall mod B without uninstalling mod A then NMM cannot restore the overwritten files without mod A's archive. If you delete mod A's archive, NMM cannot maintain its functionality, and this is why you need both the archive AND the unzipped archive on your system.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem described with nxm: URLs in Firefox, even though it's claimed here to always work in Firefox. Could I have security/privacy extensions in Firefox that create the same restrictive environment that caused the problem in Chrome? Somebody needs to be aware of and look into this. Meanwhile I'm going to have to figure it out and fix it myself, I guess.

Could I have security/privacy extensions in Firefox that create the same restrictive environment that caused the problem in Chrome? Somebody needs to be aware of and look into this.

There is NO WAY we can look at or fix your extensions on your computer. FireFox works for most people - the only Chrome 'problem' I know of is only when using Win8. It 'just works' for Win7 and even most Win 8 users. Try using this portable version for testing - you can install and run it from a USB if you don't want to install it on your computer. Just don't install any of your extensions or add ons for testing.

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Here is a portable Chrome for testing also. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...