Photo

From Day Dreams of a Spaced Out old Man comes

looney news at eleven!

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• Premium Member
  • 2,947 posts

Ah ... ZZ ... right up there near the top for me too. It's not unusual for the chorus to go through my head when getting ready to head out for something that calls for more than the usual jeans and a Tshirt.

I don't how you do it Paga, but you have this ability to strum chords in my head that resonate in the most delicious ways. Perhaps it was the harmonic set up by the references to your EWU days that got me onto ...

Last year of high school I was a rather trippy kinda' guy. Nucleus (which later became Foot in Coldwater) played at the last high school dance I attended ... I was completely blown away (which wasn't a very long distance from the point I was at during the event ... I'd had plenty of "help" that evening). Paul Naumann on guitar had this way of standing completely still facing to the left or right of the audience during solos, and the sound ... well the sound electrified my synapses in ways that even those around me could tell was way beyond the borders of King City.

All came washing back over me while watching the Kenny Rogers show version of the song (you can see it on the screen briefly in the Sound Academy clip). Once again thank you Paga, you are a master.

- Edit - Mistake on my part ... back when I saw Nucleus it was John Richardson on guitar.

I am the only chrissianed beta blocker in my own universe.  I find the nerve that streams out of the Satellite in the Sky and it sends me.  Siriously - SiriousXM

I don't listen to music, I decipher the words because they all tend to lean back to the class I took during a Summer Course.  Philosophy 101.

After the professor picked me to see if I could answer his first question for the class he dropped the Summer course left a note on his room door.  Class Cancelled, Gone Fishing.

He asked what us students opinions of the work he made 30 copies on 3000 sheets of expensive campus college paper from the book he REALLY ACTUALLY chose for us to begin our studies.  He chose a book that was ACTUALLY REALLY the only one available on Earth at the time in the colleges campus library.   So he had no choice but to make thousands of paper pages copies of each page he wanted all of us to read.

I ACTUALLY REALLY said, "The discussions between the two philosophers in the campus arena where they held live debates for the students.  Aristotle and his favorite student at the time.  The words the now, dead, the two FAMOUS PHILOSOPHERS shared in front of all the neophytes they had at the time in Rome, reminded me of all words spoken by the actors and actresses, ( at a time long before Oprah had the person playing the bartender Guinan from Star Trek, (Whoopie Goldberg) in the Bar) made it so everyone is called an Actor,) "the television soap operas I was forced to watch while I was in hospital bed in a room for two, hospital room next to a patient who watched all of them soap operas religiously forcing me to think outside the fence, from Bubba's 12 gauge corral fence, fenced school course on cow tipping".

I have never been the same since and can only try, that is "TRY", to imagine what cords your mind can be tuned to.  Although, I'm almost definitely sure I was thinking about my last Groupie Girlfriend who wouldn't leave me alone, until I found out she was married to a student in the Psychology 101 class I took to find out if I wanted to study that stuffed shirt and long tie lifestyle, after I completed Anthropology 101 for the same reason.  And found out she was using me to help her hubby write a paper for his Psychology final paper.

She was disappointed when she found out I knew she wasn't a groupie like the 22 other girls lined up outside my dorm room from each of the 101 classes I studied to find out which of the smart girls in those classes would be the girl for me.  When Half Brain Bombshell Blond walked in and asked me, Is this what you want?  I knew.  I was always going to be a PROFESSIONAL STUDENT.

Just send the check for Two thousand mackerels to the Jar Head they called Dave, who was on fire watch while Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show were on stage in the oldest building on campus that would have burned flat to the ground, in ACTUALLY REALLY WOULD if it caught on fire 15 minutes or less and would have incinerated everyone inside if we didn't stop them from lighting up, (just a minute please.  I didn't have to take a hit off anything because the basketball room they used for the concert was full of smoke.  I was trying to keep the last gasp of fresh air I got in.   I could hold my breath for 5 minutes.  Wait while I hold my hit of Fresh air in for a minute) so the place did not burn down.

Your friend and probably soaked it up through my pores, High Up in the Sky HOPE, pal,

Pagan Fire

Paga Fyre

Pagafyr  

Striker879

Striker879

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,113 posts

Ah ... ZZ ... right up there near the top for me too. It's not unusual for the chorus to go through my head when getting ready to head out for something that calls for more than the usual jeans and a Tshirt.

I don't how you do it Paga, but you have this ability to strum chords in my head that resonate in the most delicious ways. Perhaps it was the harmonic set up by the references to your EWU days that got me onto ...

Last year of high school I was a rather trippy kinda' guy. Nucleus (which later became Foot in Coldwater) played at the last high school dance I attended ... I was completely blown away (which wasn't a very long distance from the point I was at during the event ... I'd had plenty of "help" that evening). Paul Naumann on guitar had this way of standing completely still facing to the left or right of the audience during solos, and the sound ... well the sound electrified my synapses in ways that even those around me could tell was way beyond the borders of King City.

All came washing back over me while watching the Kenny Rogers show version of the song (you can see it on the screen briefly in the Sound Academy clip). Once again thank you Paga, you are a master.

- Edit - Mistake on my part ... back when I saw Nucleus it was John Richardson on guitar.

I am the only chrissianed beta blocker in my own universe.  I find the nerve that streams out of the Satellite in the Sky and it sends me.  Siriously - SiriousXM

I don't listen to music, I decipher the words because they all tend to lean back to the class I took during a Summer Course.  Philosophy 101.

After the professor picked me to see if I could answer his first question for the class he dropped the Summer course left a note on his room door.  Class Cancelled, Gone Fishing.

He asked what us students opinions of the work he made 30 copies on 3000 sheets of expensive campus college paper from the book he REALLY ACTUALLY chose for us to begin our studies.  He chose a book that was ACTUALLY REALLY the only one available on Earth at the time in the colleges campus library.   So he had no choice but to make thousands of paper pages copies of each page he wanted all of us to read.

I ACTUALLY REALLY said, "The discussions between the two philosophers in the campus arena where they held live debates for the students.  Aristotle and his favorite student at the time.  The words the now, dead, the two FAMOUS PHILOSOPHERS shared in front of all the neophytes they had at the time in Rome, reminded me of all words spoken by the actors and actresses, ( at a time long before Oprah had the person playing the bartender Guinan from Star Trek, (Whoopie Goldberg) in the Bar) made it so everyone is called an Actor,) "the television soap operas I was forced to watch while I was in hospital bed in a room for two, hospital room next to a patient who watched all of them soap operas religiously forcing me to think outside the fence, from Bubba's 12 gauge corral fence, fenced school course on cow tipping".

I have never been the same since and can only try, that is "TRY", to imagine what cords your mind can be tuned to.  Although, I'm almost definitely sure I was thinking about my last Groupie Girlfriend who wouldn't leave me alone, until I found out she was married to a student in the Psychology 101 class I took to find out if I wanted to study that stuffed shirt and long tie lifestyle, after I completed Anthropology 101 for the same reason.  And found out she was using me to help her hubby write a paper for his Psychology final paper.

She was disappointed when she found out I knew she wasn't a groupie like the 22 other girls lined up outside my dorm room from each of the 101 classes I studied to find out which of the smart girls in those classes would be the girl for me.  When Half Brain Bombshell Blond walked in and asked me, Is this what you want?  I knew.  I was always going to be a PROFESSIONAL STUDENT.

Just send the check for Two thousand mackerels to the Jar Head they called Dave, who was on fire watch while Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show were on stage in the oldest building on campus that would have burned flat to the ground, in ACTUALLY REALLY WOULD if it caught on fire 15 minutes or less and would have incinerated everyone inside if we didn't stop them from lighting up, (just a minute please.  I didn't have to take a hit off anything because the basketball room they used for the concert was full of smoke.  I was trying to keep the last gasp of fresh air I got in.   I could hold my breath for 5 minutes.  Wait while I hold my hit of Fresh air in for a minute) so the place did not burn down.

Your friend and probably soaked it up through my pores, High Up in the Sky HOPE, pal,

Pagan Fire

Paga Fyre

Pagafyr  

Professional student ... kinda' brings things back full circle to Money For Nothin' and Your Chicks For Free doesn't it. In hindsight (20/20) it would have been my dream job too, but alas my myopia wouldn't allow me to see that far down the road. No sour grapes though as I truly am a Life's Been Good to Me So Far kinda' guy.

Through the magic of YouTube I was able to listen to some songs by Nucleus and I learned something. Eyewear is not required to fully achieve the fabled Rose Coloured Glasses effect ... apparently there is a virtual version available. It's either that or the "flashbacks" effect isn't nearly strong enough to overcome the ravages of time.

Considering that I'd be lucky to hold my breath for much more than a minute I'll keep my extinguisher handy Paga ... thanks for the heads up.

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 2,947 posts

I have two fire extinguishers.  One by the computer gear that has a blast of powder that snuffs out the fire and doesn't harm electronics, and one for those old fashion tax collectors from the Hagar the Horrible, comic strip.  A bucket from under the chair with a hole in it in the corner full of bodily evacuations.  Here is it IRS, but I already ate it.  Enjoy!

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 2,947 posts

Am I a Greek?

Just sitting here warming myself by the fire.  The friends bringing in wood to keep it burning stop awhile.  Chat with each other.  I keep the fire from dying out before they begin again.  Never letting the goals completely die out.   The last of my kind, the first of my kind.  The men sleep until dawn and at dawn I am relieved for a few hours.  They bring in more wood, they bring in the grub in time for midday too. Then the last supper I rise to share I am there while they rest the night. 

Hades lingers on the throne, his Mother-in-law restored Spring flowers and fruits, berries, and all, while Persephone shares in the duties while their daughters keep their fires light too.

The shelter first knew had no women.  A sad affair of the Gods.  They created us fully capable of planting our seed, but they lost the recipe for the female.  Working as fast as they could, a thousand years later, one of the Gods succeeded and with one man she became pregnant.  All I do is make sure the fire never dies.

Put it out, put out the daughters pyre as well, end every reddish white glowing goals flickering heated life, and all your troubles will be over.  You'll have to kill Hades and Persephones Mother foo.  For they keep the seasons now, since Persephone's mother finally realized her daughter truly loved Hade's and he loved Persephone too.  The war blinds those who seek the flames of their lost life warming them, keeping them cozy, and making it so they could do work for the benefit of all.

Back to the fire I turn.  The sky still is burning with light pouring down on my tiny speck of human kindness to warm ourselfs by it's side.  The blast furnace we cannot extinguish is high in the West now.  But even here, near the middle of nowhere in Montana, protestors are showing their signs describing their pains which get too hot when they near the fire.  Too hot that if they could return to the good distance they had once, now the dried scars would begin to get sore and burning pain would drive them back into the cool evening shadows.  Cold and alone.

The Devils Kitchen is closed now.  The Sun's path is still over Earth spinning around; dark on one side, light on the other.  I sit at the fire in the middle of day and night, as it dies a I move to the warmth.  When it's death is near I place damp and dried grass on top so the goals keep their heat long enough for the mornings kindling I put on top to get a new start.  The cool evening air at my back while I tend it, the warmth slowly rising as I gather bigger sticks.  Face in, face out, until the fire grows again with logs that will suffice for all to light their wands and carry them home to light their cooking fires.

Who am I?  I am the one man that is assigned to keep the fires of Hades lit.  While the daughters of the first woman have one priestest that makes sure the virgin keeps their fire going on forever, just the same as I keep minding the one I am assigned to.

Breath out the flames you tender, sparks flying from embers, some I have to brush away, some I have to press a sole down upon, and the water bucket takes care of the last that strays.  Good Night to you, which ever fire you get your house's cooking fires lighted from.

I must be because I find my soul travels to the places Greeks are best known for.

Well?  It's debatable, because, unlike people who think we have a soul I think I am a soul and for a time I have a body.  We all may know what happens to a body if we don't take good care of it.

I am a soul so maybe I am more of a Tibetan?  These days I understand what their scientists wrote about souls?  At this moment I wonder if I can do anything for the body I have to assure myself it will last a long time?

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 2,947 posts

Anymore most everyone I find on the Internet that made a mod for games I have, they're  doing such a good job at modding I always find what a great mod they made so I never even get started on a mod.  I used to get all mental when a games quest storyline ended abruptly with no sensible conclusion.  Instead of complaining I learned to mod and made the mod for my game.

Like the one I started to transform ghouls back to healthy soft skins with a teleportation machine they walk into and when it finished they had all their skin back on.  I wrote all my plan steps for crafting it down.  When I finished writing the dialog I was so tired I fell asleep.  I had some real life stuff I had to do and never got started with the construction kit and Fallout 4 arrived.  I was using the game sort of liked strolling around Boston, Salem, and such virtually to see where I might actually want to visit.  Like a planner for a vacation.  

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

• Premium Member
  • 2,947 posts

I haven't been day dreaming as much since I got No Man's Sky.  Too busy learning interesting stuff I could be doing if I was much younger and had known that what I was doing for fun I could have been getting paid.  Oh, I am lucky to have lived so long and am still mentally spry.

Page loaded in: 0.967 seconds