Moderators: Read this please

Duskreaver

Daerk,

Sir, I would like to make it clear that I am NOT Thomas... I am not even fully aware of who he is... I have not claimed to have popular forums - I believe I have only mentioned that I have experience... I have never mentioned you in any of my posts, let alone said that you are a spammer. Also, I wasn't saying that the mod's are like Hitler or any of those people! Of course not. I was saying that their behaviour smacked of it. I will not provide you with links, because you yourself are using the same attidtude I said you guys should lose. I can see I am getting nowhere here. Fine, I'm not going to kick up a stink, like Thomas supoosedly did. I've given you a warning that the attitude should be lost, and you, at least, have decided not to heed it. That is of course your choice.

Please, I'm only making a suggestion. Surely it isn't that hard?

Yours,

Duskreaver

Personally I think Theta's remarks are all done with her tongue firmly in her cheek (as were mine in the internet voting thread about ageism and sexism). This currently seems to be going into an area from which no one is going to come out looking too good.

Duskreaver, you said you had made your last remark to Peregrine. Stick to it. Peregrine don't go further or you'll get a strike and I love your role play and don't want to lose it. I think anyone reading this thread can make up their own mind. As I have said before, I have seen nothing to suggest the moderators are anything but scrupulously fair.

And I have haid topics censored before you ask.

I would like to make it clear that I am NOT Thomas... I am not even fully aware of who he is...

I believe you will find this thread very entertaining. Replace a few words and you have almost an exact copy of your accusations.

I have not claimed to have popular forums

Yet you take every possible opportunity to advertise them and brag about your experience there.

Also, I wasn't saying that the mod's are like Hitler or any of those people! Of course not. I was saying that their behaviour smacked of it.

Which is so different from a clear accusation, since you only implied it. Don't word lawyer that statement into something else. You accused the mods of being evil on the scale of Hitler and nothing else you say will change that.

I will not provide you with links, because I know that there is absolutely zero evidence to support my childish whining so I have to stay with my vague accusations of abuse of power.

And nobody will take you seriously until you do so. Because you are the only person here who sees even one bit of this "abuse of power". Again, welcome to reality... if you make claims that you want to be taken seriously, you prove them. Justify your statements or concede.

Fine, I'm not going to kick up a stink, like Thomas supoosedly did.

No, you're just going to post a public thread making your accusations of corruption. At least thomas had the decency to do it by pm.

In summary, you are a troll. Goodbye.

Well, this thread DID NOT go the way I wanted it to... but I'll reply only with this:

You said I was accusing them of being like Moussolini, etc: My exact words:

"It's not only completely unfair, but it also strikes me of such well - known names as Moussolini, Franco, and ultimately Hitler. Now, I would not go nearly as far as to say that this is how Theta is acting, but it smacks of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peregrine, I asked you to keep your own personal war against me to PM - I have done nothing but be civil with you and I would ask you to return the favour... and I could post links, but that wouldn't change any of your minds - I see little point in continuing this thread.

My apologies for causing what has turned out to be a flame war.

Yours,

Duskreaver

Hmm, right.

Well, I must say, that under the circumstances us mods have been as nice as humanly possible IMO (note HUMANLY we are only human as stated before) and we have had to put up with a lot of spamming/flaming/trolling recently, so naturally some of us are going to get a little bit less-than-nice now and then when dealing with bad posts/threads.

I'm not going to post my opinion of you, Duskreaver, as I do not wish to become a part of this flamewar, but perhaps you should learn to use a little more tact when posting your opinion.

Why you would say that any of us are abusing our power, I don't know. And just because you say it "smacks" (whatever that means) of it, doesn't mean that you're not really saying it directly.

Anyway, I have no idea where you're getting all this from, but personally I think the mods and admins of this forum are doing a great job. (And I'm not trying to blow my own horn here, I'm referring to the other mods).

Also, Peregrine, don't fan the flames. You verged very close to your final strike on this forum. And I'd hate to see you banned!

Anyway, since this has turned into more of a flamewar than anything, I'm locking this. If someone desperately wants this to continue for some reason you can PM a mod to unlock it again.

Bubye ;)

I've opened this up again just to give my two cents, I'll lock it when I deem necessary, cheers mods :)

As for this thread - I can't actually understand where the hell this came from, what sparked it (the link I was given seemed completely harmless to me) and why this has suddenly started, but take heed; the mods of these forums have been given divine ordenance by myself - if you have a quarrel, you bring it to me.

In my opinion, this thread was nothing more than an attempt at a "call to arms" technique - to see if DuskReaver could rally people with similar thoughts to try and cause a change to these forums ... may even be linked with an attempted at popularity.

It failed though (you even state that yourself), only resulting in increased hostility towards you not only from the mod/admin team, but infact the members of the forums too.

What strikes me as obvious was your hopefulness to, at one time, become a mod of these forums. One of your very first posts related to the low post counts of certain moderators - you were obviously eyeing up the possibilities. Since then you've been an extremely active member in a very short time - but unfortunately you spammed with one-liners (and admitedly attracted a little moderator/admin annoyance) in Switch's "Newbie" thread, which have since been deleted.

You convey your experience with forums in the past, but it begs the question which forums? Cause I sure as hell know these forums aren't half as strict as some forums out there, even in the Morrowind community you need only go register at the Morrowind Summit forums to see what I mean. These forums are not strict, not in the slightest. Don't tempt us to make them stricter.

I said this in the Thomas debate, and I'll say it again: if you don't like these forums, don't try and incite a change, 'cos we like it. If you don't like it just leave. Nothing is stopping you from leaving this community, you don't even need to say goodbye or close the door, we can do that for you.

As a member of these forums, you agree to be moderated how I see fit. I see no problems.

Personally I think Theta's remarks are all done with her tongue firmly in her cheek (as were mine in the internet voting thread about ageism and sexism).

Got it in one, Malchik. And those who have been visiting these forums regularly for more than just a few days do give me the impression that they are aware of this too.

Dark0ne, I completely agree with your assessment of the situation -

What strikes me as obvious was your hopefulness to, at one time, become a mod of these forums. One of your very first posts related to the low post counts of certain moderators - you were obviously eyeing up the possibilities. Since then you've been an extremely active member in a very short time - but unfortunately you spammed with one-liners (and admitedly attracted a little moderator/admin annoyance) in Switch's "Newbie" thread, which have since been deleted

There were other posts by Duskreaver in a similar vein alerting moderators to minor real or perceived transgressions....I leave you to draw your own conclusions. :rolleyes:

Duskreaver:

As for locking your thread - you had made a second thread and BUMPED it yourself when nobody replied. And that, in my book, is SPAM. I also deleted some (but by no means all) of your completely off topic posts in Switch's thread. And so you claim you are having a problem with me.

I think your problem is with your ego, rather than with me.

Most people here seem to be able to move on when they have a thread locked or a post deleted. I had threads censored before I became a moderator - big deal.

You appear to have completely misinterpreted certain remarks made about me by others, and rather than address your concerns via pm you chose to make a fool of yourself in public. Your choice. Don't whine about it when the response isn't what you expected.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll better put on my jackboots to get ready for my photoshoot for 'Fascist Dictator Monthly' :P

Just to add to this, from the beginning of MWSource and MWChronicles over 2 years ago the question that I had to ask myself (and my associate questioned me on at the time) was "What sort of people do we want to attract to our forums". Basically put, what sort of discussion do we want going on?

Now to answer that, I want mature, developed, descriptive and helpful discussion going on without losing the sense of community and friendship which bind any normal forum. As you can see it has been successfully achieved, evident in the strong relationships that have been built over the years within the community and being dubbed the "most hopeful Morrowind community" a while back on the MWChronicles forums.

In order to maintain this improving vision moderation is needed. There are always those who don't share a vision, those who wish to negate the vision and try and make their own - I'm trying not to insinuate you are one of these minority, but indeed if the discussion continues on its course I will list you as one.

Over the years, and I'm backed by past and present evidence, it seems to be the younger generation who seem to have a problem with this authoritive vision. It is almost a teenagers right to try and question authority and develop individualism and independence from those who seek to restrict - even if for their own good, or the good of the community. I've got no problem with the younger members of this community joining in, they are equal on these forums to any of us (and I have banned some relatively old wrinkles in the past, some will remember) but I am always wary of young people's innate ability to mood swings, temperments, irrespect for authority or general ability to follow simple guidelines or take due punishment. You are stereotyped by me, for the above reasons. This stereotype can be overcome by proving yourself, and many have done so in the past.

This doesn't happen in a day, a week, a month or when your post count reaches 500. It happens when it happens. Be yourself, thats the best you can do. If at the end of the day I don't like you for who you are - you can't help that and its just plain tough-luck. Don't spend your time on my forums questioning the current system and trying to change it - instead decide whether you like the current system. If you don't, leave. If you do, stay. One things for sure, we're not changing for you.

Please think about that.

Dark0ne, good call. I remember browsing around here when I first joined and started posting, and I saw a lot of new ideas and visions brought by the moderating team and the other posters. I remember originally joining the Morrowind Mod Library, which merged with the Source, and finding lots of information on mods. I've been loving this place since, and even tried to follow during the down time. I'm looking forward to HeLLL's Suran Reborn plugin as it stands and don't want to see people leaving because of minor irritations such as personal conflict. Most of us don't want to see people complaining about others and such, and it generally detracts from the experience. I personally would like to see everyone getting along smashingly, but even if it's not possible, some amicability.

Theta, don't let any of Duskreaver's words get to you. It's not worth it.

Peregrine, you're too cool to lose, don't let anyone get to you.

That's all I've to say for now.

-Cheers, AdamNeko

Archived