Survival mode disable mods?

birgirfg

Seems someone is new to video games in general!

No game on any platform is bug free! That also goes for any Program, Operating system and so on! That is why there are updates.

Well it's quite opposite, i played video games on console even before all your fancy PS and XBOX. And at that time games was far more qualify. In fact, it's you look like new for video games if you think that current state of things is normal.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems someone is new to video games in general!

No game on any platform is bug free! That also goes for any Program, Operating system and so on! That is why there are updates.

Well it's quite opposite, i played video games on console even before all your fancy PS and XBOX. And at that time games was far more qualify. In fact, it's you look like new for video games if you think that current state of things is normal.

That was a different time. A time before everyone had the internet and the ability to hot fix games. Games back then were also a lot simpler and less involved. I started playing on Pong in the early 70's so I've seen the progression of technology of game over the years.

Sure Space invaders was a lot more polished in it's day but it still had bugs and exploits.

That was a different time. A time before everyone had the internet and the ability to hot fix games.

It was time where games was far more tested and far less bugged, and as result more qualify then now, it was time where we paid money and knew that we now can play game without any worry about glitches, bugs, and some sudden 'brilliant' ideas from devs.

Survival mode is free... If you paid for it, you got ripped off...

If you don't want to beta test it, then wait till other people beta test it and they release the final version, for free.

I think you just forgot how things should be, how end product should, what quality it should be, etc. Would you pay money for car, that look great but... you know, steering wheels always pulls a little bit aside, some doors not locking properly, interior padding slightly clipping, oh, and one another little problem, it don't have braks. But don't worry, car dealers said you, we will fix it very soon! You can just ride now, then, if you'd like of course, we will install beta version of brakes! And after you test it we'll make full version of brekes! And it all be free!!!1111 And all other small things will repair you pals in garage, also for free!

I am still playing Fallout 4 in its original state. I haven't installed a single patch yet... I guess I will have to when I get around to playing Automatron. But I figure if it isn't broke, why fix it?

Fallout 4 is a great game right out of the box/steam download, and worth twice the price Bethesda charges for it. That is what matters.

And yes, I actually did pay money for a car that has a decent amount of things that need fixed. It was a good deal for a car that I saw a lot of potential in and something I could take pride in fixing. I am very happy I chose the pretty car with its problems over something boring. But I don't think Fallout 4 was ever broke, but I'm just saying, you are being illogical on both points.

That was a different time. A time before everyone had the internet and the ability to hot fix games.

It was time where games was far more tested and far less bugged, and as result more qualify then now, it was time where we paid money and knew that we now can play game without any worry about glitches, bugs, and some sudden 'brilliant' ideas from devs.

From your logic Window Should not release a new version until they know it will work 100% all the time on every random computer in the world.

I have a question, if I opt in to survival beta will I still be able to use mods in my non-survival mode play-thrus?

No. The mods just flat out don't load. You can opt back out and play with mods, but that's a 500mb download every time you want to switch (though you could just find out what files are being changed and back them up).

I have a question, if I opt in to survival beta will I still be able to use mods in my non-survival mode play-thrus?

No. The mods just flat out don't load. You can opt back out and play with mods, but that's a 500mb download every time you want to switch (though you could just find out what files are being changed and back them up).

Thanks for the answer, I just downloaded the beta and I am going to try it out. I just hope my ENBoost and Reshade will work because they make the game much more prettier.

From your logic Window Should not release a new version until they know it will work 100% all the time on every random computer in the world.

Do not substitute the notions. Operating system is a consortium of low level programs, subroutines, drivers, high level applications, that haves lots of dependencies from architecture not just PC block, but architecture of almost every pies of silicon in this PC block. This pieces of software even may be made by different vendors. And even this way OS should be well tested before throwing out to market. Beth's game is a solid product, and in case of F4 it a retextured Skyrim with some kind of Minecraft feature and god rays. Big difference.

I am still playing Fallout 4 in its original state. I haven't installed a single patch yet... I guess I will have to when I get around to playing Automatron. But I figure if it isn't broke, why fix it?

Fallout 4 is a great game right out of the box/steam download, and worth twice the price Bethesda charges for it. That is what matters.

And yes, I actually did pay money for a car that has a decent amount of things that need fixed. It was a good deal for a car that I saw a lot of potential in and something I could take pride in fixing. I am very happy I chose the pretty car with its problems over something boring. But I don't think Fallout 4 was ever broke, but I'm just saying, you are being illogical on both points.

If you bought a used car, like second hand, it's okay, but if it's supposed to be new, from conveyor, than you just let fool yourself.