[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I'd personally love a Masterkey,but I already floated the idea past Antistar; Short version is no,because scripting,because the Masterkey is a,ahem,"lockpicking tool." I personally agree; If I can't have a Masterkey that can open a door,then I'd rather not have one.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd personally love a Masterkey,but I already floated the idea past Antistar; Short version is no,because scripting,because the Masterkey is a,ahem,"lockpicking tool." I personally agree; If I can't have a Masterkey that can open a door,then I'd rather not have one.

Nah, considering a world where H&K G11s and Pancor Jackhammers were issued in the Wasteland... Why not have it for combat, right? haha

I don't even think that scripting would be the real problem, i do believe animations would be the main issue tho.

Edited by WaterHazard

UV-mapping the Thompson is going well; I think I'm about halfway through.

Glad to hear that!

Yep - and thanks again for contributing the meshes. :)

It took a little while to get to the UVs because of some work I needed to do on the meshes. Compared to what you sent me, they're not changed much in general appearance; besides some minor tweaks it was mostly filling in some holes and adapting things to fit into my work-flow. Oh - though I did also need to spend time on making the Nydar Gun Sight and duplicating/adapting the Type L drum mag into a Type C.

Bro, i just saw the L85 animations videos. Are you going to reskin it? I do remember you saying that it had placeholder textures or something, but i could be horribly wrong... And about the Barrett, which animations will it have? Is it animated already?

Btw, are you accepting suggestions for a possible next version? I was thinking about having Masterkey shotguns (Not those modern M26 MASS, maybe something like Billy's Rifle on the first Predator movie) and some 1911 variations in-game.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw the 1911 in the "Unconfirmed section"

In Hitman's videos the SA80/L85 is using Tigg's original textures just directly saved in a FO4-friendly format, without any adjustments made to make them look good in FO4. I'll be bringing them into Substance Painter to tweak them a bit, but that will be to edit their levels and maybe add some subtle dirt/grime/scratches etc; nothing too drastic. While I'm doing that I'll also be texturing some parts that I need to make from scratch; an L22 barrel and an L86 LSW barrel. That's the plan, anyway.

The Barrett M107 isn't animated yet. Ha_ru is potentially doing those animations, though it depends on if he gets time in his busy schedule, I think.

Nah, considering a world where H&K G11s and Pancor Jackhammers were issued in the Wasteland... Why not have it for combat, right? haha

I don't even think that scripting would be the real problem, i do believe animations would be the main issue tho.

A Masterkey would be cool to have in there, but the animation issue is the main problem there really. (Plus I don't have assets for it at the moment.) It would likely require two extra animation sets to work; attached but not being used, plus attached and being used. That's how it is with the M203, and that's why Hitman went above and beyond with the animations there. ;)

In terms of it being a "lock-picking tool", I'd see that more as something that could be done as a separate mod that does something like check to see if what you're shooting the door with is a shotgun of some type, and then potentially unlock the door or whatever.

I don't know if you already figured this out yet but are you still trying to figure out how to remove the recoil recovery system that the weapons have in the game? If so, maybe you could try contacting zanadaniel to maybe help you out on that. zanadaniel is the creator of Immersive Fallout, a mod that overhauls player and NPC movement to a more realistic level. One of the features of the mod is that it removes the recoil recovery mechanic on weapons so again, if you haven't figured that aspect of your mod out, looking into this mod and contacting the mod creator might help you out here.

Immersive Fallout:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30151

Thanks for that - though I did sort this out a while ago. A mod popped up which had the sole purpose of removing automatic recoil recovery, and it clued me in on how to do it.

The Aim Model records that are used by weapons to determine their accuracy/recoil/etc have a value that is moderately cryptically named "Diminish Spring Force". Setting this to zero removes automatic recoil recovery. Annoyingly, this has to be done in FO4Edit because the CK will set the value to 1.0 if you've got a 0 in there, even when you're only editing some other value on the record.

I'm glad it's possible to do it, though.

Antistar keeps telling people to read this chunk of the second post. Here it is,on this end of the thread.

FAQ

Q) When will the mod be released?
A) I don't know yet. It's too difficult to predict how long the various bits of remaining work will take to complete. You can follow my progress in this WIP thread, however. (Incidentally - and at the risk of stating the obvious - mod authors hate being asked this question.)