PC games are you playing currently?

Benkelly33

I've been playing Skyrim, for over a year now. I've got about 1350 hours, on it. By the way, the avatar I use is the very first screenshot I took.

What I've spent a lot of time doing is learning how to prevent CTDs, freezeups, grey-face bugs, and so on. In the last two weeks, I haven't had a single CTD. If I weren't playing Skyrim, I would be playing any number of different wargames.

By the way, I posted a topic about the grey-face bug, but I'll briefly mention how I stopped it, here. I run only one NPC overhaul mod, and use Apachii Sky Hair. That's it. No gray-faces! As much as I like the Bijn series of mods, that ... along with other mods that do much the same thing ... cause the grey-face bug, on my computer. However, Immersive Wenches, Luxury Suite, and so on, don't cause the bug.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently did a clean install of Skyrim and Mod Organizer after my ventures into ENB's didn't go so well... I'm currently installing mods – closely following Gopher's videos to make sure I get a stable build – to set up my game for a new character I think I have a cool backstory for, so I will be playing Skyrim again soon.

Meanwhile, I've been playing a lot of Mad Max but have recently stopped. I've gotten to a point now where it feels very repetitive and I can't see myself actually finishing it.

On my to do list: Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. And Witcher 3. And Dark Souls 2. And 3... Oh, and Metro Last Light and 2033 Redux... I have them all sitting in my steam library but have never given them a proper play through. Might pick up Doom and/or Hellblade during the Steam winter sale as well... Think I might need to quit my job to get through them all! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Skyrim se. Oldrim was just too crash prone for me. Every ten minutes or so it'd crash.

Se is far more stable by comparison, probably the reason for all the crashing was a lack of memory which se has much more of. only problems with se are that some mods don't work period regardless of load order, but thats at least better than constant crashing at the very least.

I cannot tell you how hard it is to play a game that crashes every ten minutes, but with this at least i can get into the game quite easily without too much worry.

Other games i've play on occasion include garry's mod cuz it's fun to mess around with stuff in that sandbox game (though i wish maps were much much bigger), Planet Centauri, space rangers, and a few other less notable ones.

I find myself replaying the games I have and know I like (all the BioWare Mass Effect and Dragon Age RPGs.) I find something new in each of them every time.

But here's the list of games I've installed, but haven't played (or have played just a taste) so far:

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • Titan Fall
  • Titan Fall II
  • Dreamfall Chapters (loved the two previous)
  • Her Story
  • Syberia III (loved the two previous)

And ones that I think I might like, but get stuck with the game mechanics and can't progress:

• Rise of the Tomb Raider (during the tutorial opening scene!)
  • Alice - Madness Returns
  • Unravel

(All three of the above are probably better suited to playing with a console controller, but I don't own one. :laugh: )

And I will never, ever play Amnesia again after struggling with the demo. :tongue:

Thandal, on 07 Feb 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

And ones that I think I might like, but get stuck with the game mechanics and can't progress:

Alice - Madness Returns

What's got you stuck in that one?

And I will never, ever play Amnesia again after struggling with the demo. :tongue:

Found an old friend of yours.

MJQOQXn.jpg