Now can we say "no more wait for skse"

VulcanTR

Should i wait for SKSE?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should i wait for SKSE?

• Yes it will release soon
    • Yes but don't expect it's release soon
    • No they cannot release because of reverse engineering, sorry.

I would say play SE if you have so much trouble with oldrim.

Or play them both like i do, but that is, of som odd reason, not thinkable for some people.

^ This. I use Oldrim as my super-roleplaying edition because there are just so many more options to change up how the game works or what kinds of roleplaying opportunities there are thanks to all the mods you can't get for SSE yet, but I also use SSE as my "I just want to play Skyrim again, but prettier" version because I can install a mega ton of texture and mesh mods and the game won't get massive framerate drops because I can now fully use my GTX 980Ti's memory and the game is just more stable overall because I do get frequent unexplainable crashes in Oldrim, whereas SSE does not crash at all no matter what mods I have installed unless they're absolutely incompatible or just don't work for some reason.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know guys. I already installed 70+ mods for SE but these 4 mods is vital for me. I cannot play skyrim with these mods.

Banknotes: I need to convert my gold into bank notes. Oldrim was a mod about that. All innkeepers have a bankers and they can convert my gold into checks.

Paper world map: No pointer, no player marker, just plain map. If i discover somewhere, it becomes visible in my map.

Actually 2 of them fair enough for my adventure. Is there a way to find their alternatives? About Item Degradation and SkyTweak ok i give up i will not use item degradation. I will try to give items durability manually with paper and pen.. And about the SkyTweak, i will try to tweak my settings with different mods.

I wanted to wait at first too. But couldn't resist so I started playing. Now I'm already 150 hours into SSE and to my surprise, I don't actually miss SKSE much. Sure, SKSE is amazing with all it's features and some mods require it to work. But generally there's already a non-SKSE version on Nexus that would replace those SKSE required mods. In the end I really didn't feel much difference from my Oldrim playthrough w/ SKSE and my SSE playthrough without it.

The biggest difference for me due to lack of SKSE is the hotkey mod. I loved using hotkeys in Oldrim to set up all my spells, shouts, equipment sets, lantern on/off etc because immersion is important for me. Without hotkeys, now I have to use the damn favorite menu. It hurts immersion + inconvenient so it sucks a bit. However, SSE is so much smoother than Oldrim. In Oldrim I get crashes every 30 minutes or so. With SSE I can play the damn game for HOURS without one single crash. I've had like 3 crashes in 150 hours now. So yeah, overall I think you should just jump into SSE now.

Also, if there are mods that are only on Oldrim and do not require SKSE, you can easily convert those yourself so they are compatible with SSE. I converted around 20 myself. It's actually really easy.

I would say play SE if you have so much trouble with oldrim.

Or play them both like i do, but that is, of som odd reason, not thinkable for some people.

^ This. I use Oldrim as my super-roleplaying edition because there are just so many more options to change up how the game works or what kinds of roleplaying opportunities there are thanks to all the mods you can't get for SSE yet, but I also use SSE as my "I just want to play Skyrim again, but prettier" version because I can install a mega ton of texture and mesh mods and the game won't get massive framerate drops because I can now fully use my GTX 980Ti's memory and the game is just more stable overall because I do get frequent unexplainable crashes in Oldrim, whereas SSE does not crash at all no matter what mods I have installed unless they're absolutely incompatible or just don't work for some reason.

I like playing around with mods.

Atm i am modding Skyrim, Enderal, Skyrim SE, Oblivion, FO4 and witcher 3. Fun is to compare Skyrim, Ednderal and SSE and see the differences.

For Skyrim i have followed STEP Core to 100% and for SE i have my own build now with 210 mods.... SE is so much more stabile.

There is such difference between 32 and 64b game. SE is much more forgiving.

why you even need to ask if you dont want to play move on...if you want to play play...

everyone acts like the end all rest with the life and death of skse......whatever.

my next playthru ive decided will be oldrim to wet my appetite for my oldrim favorite mods.

i dont need someone to tell me yeah play or no dont play....i have my own mind and can think for my self.

Since the release of SE, i am waiting for SKSE. I have abandoned this game and waited for it and i said "ok nevermind, go play another games, developers of skse are human too, they have their lives, families, jobs, don't expect it too early" but today i have realized topic is closed.

I haven't created this topic for the blame skse developers. I just want to ask "should i wait or not" because oldrim gets unlimited crashes for me

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5359835-someone-can-end-this-misery-after-6-years-i-want-to-play-without-ctd/page-4

Should i stop waiting for skse and uninstall the game? Because i cannot play oldrim without ctd (if you check topic you will see) and people say SE optimization is much better than oldrim. But it is totally meaningless without skse sorry.. Still i haven't played SE but already made search about the settings of mods without SkyUI but all of them was limited.

Should i expect it's release and wait or start to play different games?

Why uninstall the game?

I use SkyUI in SE.

Do you only play one game at a time?

I play Skyrim (with +200 mods and no ctd), Skyrim SE (with 210 mods no ctd), FO4 (modded), W3 (modded), Enderal (modded), Oblivion (modded)... and svereal other of the +50 games currenly on my pc .

While waiting... play new Bruma with Skyrim! I installed it yesterday on top of my SkyrimSTEP... works great!

Why not have both Oldrim, SE and Enderal installed?

One fun thing with using both games is comparing mods between them.

A SKSE64 release would cost Bethesda potentially millions of dollars in lost revenue. If the player have the choice of a free SKSE mod or a less functional non-SKSE variant from the content club with a pricetag most would pick the former.

After seeing how Rockstar has made bucketloads of money with GTA V selling cards for content that's quick and easy to mass produce Bethesda wants people to migrate to SSE so they can do the same. It's just good profitable business. Looking at how the current steam Skyrim franchise sale conveniently includes every game EXCEPT classic Skyrim only confirms this.

So even if SKSE64 was developed and release the team would have a serious uphill battle keeping it functioning since there are millions of reasons for Bethesda to not make that happen.

Wouldn't even have to do something as dastardly to sabotage it with frequent updates, could just recruit anyone working on it (or other extender frameworks) for a small sum of money or even just the promise of efame effectively killing the project off.

In short, anyone waiting for a working stable script extender before migrating to SSE is gonna have to wait for a long long time.

Since the release of SE, i am waiting for SKSE. I have abandoned this game and waited for it and i said "ok nevermind, go play another games, developers of skse are human too, they have their lives, families, jobs, don't expect it too early" but today i have realized topic is closed.

I haven't created this topic for the blame skse developers. I just want to ask "should i wait or not" because oldrim gets unlimited crashes for me

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5359835-someone-can-end-this-misery-after-6-years-i-want-to-play-without-ctd/page-4

Should i stop waiting for skse and uninstall the game? Because i cannot play oldrim without ctd (if you check topic you will see) and people say SE optimization is much better than oldrim. But it is totally meaningless without skse sorry.. Still i haven't played SE but already made search about the settings of mods without SkyUI but all of them was limited.

Should i expect it's release and wait or start to play different games?

Why uninstall the game?

I use SkyUI in SE.

Do you only play one game at a time?

I play Skyrim (with +200 mods and no ctd), Skyrim SE (with 210 mods no ctd), FO4 (modded), W3 (modded), Enderal (modded), Oblivion (modded)... and svereal other of the +50 games currenly on my pc .

While waiting... play new Bruma with Skyrim! I installed it yesterday on top of my SkyrimSTEP... works great!

Why not have both Oldrim, SE and Enderal installed?

One fun thing with using both games is comparing mods between them.

At least i was looking for this. I was already give up about item degradation or another important mods for me. At least i am looking for paper world map and banknotes. And about the oldrim. I already give up because nobody helped me about my ctd's. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5359835-someone-can-end-this-misery-after-6-years-i-want-to-play-without-ctd/

I know guys. I already installed 70+ mods for SE but these 4 mods is vital for me. I cannot play skyrim with these mods.

Banknotes: I need to convert my gold into bank notes. Oldrim was a mod about that. All innkeepers have a bankers and they can convert my gold into checks.

Paper world map: No pointer, no player marker, just plain map. If i discover somewhere, it becomes visible in my map.

Actually 2 of them fair enough for my adventure. Is there a way to find their alternatives? About Item Degradation and SkyTweak ok i give up i will not use item degradation. I will try to give items durability manually with paper and pen.. And about the SkyTweak, i will try to tweak my settings with different mods.

Alternatives
banknotes: Exchange Currency SE

Paper world map: A quality World Map (paper world map version in downloads)
Invisible player marker: Directionless Player Map Marker (edit the marker image and make it transparent)

Item degradation is indeed hard to replace as it really makes use of SKSE.
SkyTweak is something you can replace with a lot of little mods, or with SSEEdit with the benefit of creating 1 extra custom esp if you know which values you want to change.