Now can we say "no more wait for skse"

VulcanTR

Should i wait for SKSE?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should i wait for SKSE?

• Yes it will release soon
    • Yes but don't expect it's release soon
    • No they cannot release because of reverse engineering, sorry.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can right be stable yes, but it very up to your mods. You can have the mod limit but they are small tweaks, or have only 10 and they are huge, buggy overhauls that makes your game crash.

Also frauds? Oldrim is not stable and everyone knows, why you think there is many guides, post and mods about fixing skyrim? It all a dream?

Just my 2c here. I was also waiting for SKES64 and playing oldrim with around 200 mods. A few days ago I decided to give SE a try. Right now I have 105 mods installed and I am actually positively surprised. The experience I had so far with SE is... smooth. Obviously, I miss a few mods (SkyUI 2.2 is not as good as the newest version, PerMa will most probably never be ported, no good autosave manager so far, etc.). But my experience with SE is very, very positive. The final selling points for me are:

- stability (not a single crash so far),

- better and more stable fps,

- save time (it is instantaneous in my case compared to 5-10 sec for Oldrim),

- (and in my opinion SE with some mods looks much better than Oldrim + ENB, but that might be an effect of more careful graphics overhaul mods I use with SE).

Yeah, I like Holds but it's incompatible with other things. Like Open Cities and apparently lighting mods. What I'd rather have is JK's full suite, since that can be configured for OC easier. And a good town mod like ETaC (or again, some of JK's town stuff).

Well, Holds is still being developed (in both LE and SE) so we might see compatibility with those mods eventually. Also, Nazenn (who took over from missjennabee) says he will be porting ETaC to SE, but it will be a long, long time coming due to the size of the mod. Honestly, the only thing holding me back from playing SE now is that one of these (or JK's) mods gets finished.

Edited because even with a spell checker function I still fail...

Edited by LeddBate

RE: SkyUI 2.2, I was given a lead to SkyLight UI. You can get this from here:

Source: https://github.com/rustequal/SkylightUI

Docs: https://github.com/rustequal/SkylightUI/blob/master/README.md

This is pretty close to the original SkyUI 5 but of course with no MCM. Chests and barrels have the full menu in this version, and you can choose fonts and look via FOMOD.

So for Skyrim SE using this I'm even closer to the original game.

Better Cities is coming along, though still with some tidying up to do. Currently for Whiterun and Solitude. It's not really ready yet but that's due to modder's RL issues.

We're getting there...

Just my 2c here. I was also waiting for SKES64 and playing oldrim with around 200 mods. A few days ago I decided to give SE a try. Right now I have 105 mods installed and I am actually positively surprised. The experience I had so far with SE is... smooth. Obviously, I miss a few mods (SkyUI 2.2 is not as good as the newest version, PerMa will most probably never be ported, no good autosave manager so far, etc.). But my experience with SE is very, very positive. The final selling points for me are:

- stability (not a single crash so far),

- better and more stable fps,

- save time (it is instantaneous in my case compared to 5-10 sec for Oldrim),

- (and in my opinion SE with some mods looks much better than Oldrim + ENB, but that might be an effect of more careful graphics overhaul mods I use with SE).

I hope it doesn't take that long. SE has already been out a year. I haven't tried, but it seems fairly straightforward. Etac doesn't need SKSE (those features aren't vital atm at least). As for JK's, it's pretty quick to port it ourselves. So I don't know why there's been nothing offered. Not even a small town like Dragon Bridge. Honestly, it kind of annoys me that one person is in charge of all of that, if they got other priorities. It's nothing personal. I just know Nif conversion and making various modular versions is merely tedious. Not hard. And there are many people with enough time to deal with tedious work. It shouldn't be given to people who have little time. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything. Just pragmatic. It's inefficient. The only reason I don't use a private ported version of JK myself is version control. I'd rather it come officially.

Edited by kthompsen

This is pretty close to the original SkyUI 5 but of course with no MCM. Chests and barrels have the full menu in this version, and you can choose fonts and look via FOMOD.

Better Cities is coming along, though still with some tidying up to do. Currently for Whiterun and Solitude. It's not really ready yet but that's due to modder's RL issues.

We're getting there...

Page not found?

We're getting there...

Page not found?

I'm going to assume that it was taken down because the author of SkyUI doesn't allow ports to be distributed, which is why there is only a guide on how to make the 2.2 edits yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as i appreciate the elder scrolls modding community ... there are 2 things that i will never understand ...

1. Why are so many people using Nexus Mod Manager instead of Mod Organizer 1 and 2! It is like you have a lighter in your pocket but you still prefer to make your own fire. Well ... good luck with that! BTW ... if there was no Mod Organizer ... i will just manually install my mods in Data Folder like before ... i need no mod manager to clutter my data folder ... since i can do that myself ... with a lot of care ... just saying ... :smile:

2. The second ... why is even a discussion between Oldrim and SSE? SSE performs better at anything ... it comes as glove for a heavy modded Skyrim game ... it allows ... more graphical intense mods at the same time (4x more after my calculation) ... it allows more objects count per cell (again 4x more objects ... i've tested with the same Test Cell in both game ... at 1/4 count ... Oldrim will crash on load / coc ... or with the memory patch will load purple textures for many objects ... randomly ... eventually crashing at 1/3 the SSE count) ... In SSE you have vastly improved LOD distances, better default lighting and shaders, more script load (meaning you can run a lot more scripts at the same time). So ... you get ... hardly any crashes ... on a 255 full mods load with overall 4-500 total mods ... no freezes, frame drops, shuttering ... and it's not like 255 Oldrim mods ... equals 255 SSE mods ... i could't use the mods that i do no with Oldrim ... because it would had crashed instantly on loading the savegame. So ... it is not like SSE is a little better ... it is in another galaxy better .... not only as stability ... but regarding anything ... graphics, scripting, lods, engine.

SKSE64 or no-SKSE64 ... cannot change that. SKSE doesn't do anything vital to the game itself ... just expand the scripting functionality ... allowing few modders ... to get extra functionality in game for their mods ... but in most cases ... just having a more elegant in-game delivery and customization of the said mods. The modders can simply find workarounds ... if they want ... in order to port 100% of their mod contents to SSE ... or in few cases a little less ... 90%! So ... excuse me for being blunt ... but you don't really need SKSE ... you are just using this as a pretext ... few modders because ... they are not in the mood to re-work their mods (which they made strongly reliant on SKSE ... even if they didn't had too ... a GEM mod ... is imo ... self-reliant) ... and the players ... because you have no idea what SKSE does ... and changing ... require some work and adaptation ... you just want everything to fall in you lap ... but rest assure ... if you didn't made the port ... when SSE released ... you already missed a year of ultra-quality and stability gameplay ... and no matter what you do now ... nobody will give you a year back.

BTW ... nobody else loses but you ... and you are not punishing anyone else but yourself ... SSE ... gave me like 3 crashes in almost year of HEAVY MODDED GAME ... while Oldrim produced for me a crash at 15 minutes ... or 5-6 new cell loads ... counted ... never reached 7 consecutive loads without a crash ... and i didn't even used an enb (just sweet fx) ... and it's not like i had a crapy computer ... i have the same sistem i have now ... i7 4790K, with GTX 970 4 VRAM, and 16 GB RAM ... running the game on 240 Skyrim dedicated SSD, different from the system disk SSD, an a w7 x64 ... Perhaps the 32 bits procesors and OS ... will operate better Skyrim 32 bits ... but not much better ... because it has a shortage of memory that cannot be overcame on a heavy modded game ... so no point in lying ... about how stable it is Skyrim x32 for you! ... :smile:

Edited by zumma