Now can we say "no more wait for skse"

VulcanTR

Should i wait for SKSE?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should i wait for SKSE?

• Yes it will release soon
    • Yes but don't expect it's release soon
    • No they cannot release because of reverse engineering, sorry.

I've read this thread with interest. Like many, I was excited for SKSE64 and dithered over moving to SE. But, I went for it. If you are using Win 10, it's probably the best way forward. My game runs like hot butter. Hardly a flicker or jitter at all.

Â

Months later I have a fully modded game (250+ with some merged), use Mod Organizer 2, LOT, Wrye Bash, FNIS, TBBP, an ENB, and generally an FPS of 60. The game rarely crashes. My only bugbear is the dialogue menus corrupt, with options dropping out. I believe that may have been introduced in a Bethesda update.

My strategy is an occasional game exit, have a breather, then restart. That seems to clear the build up of unusual game engine oddities like wonky menus.

Â

The game looks gorgeous - because I can load it up with texture packs. However, the things I miss most from Oldrim are:Â HDT; the superb skin tones from ENBs; the convenience of the MCM menu system, and a few mods that still wait for the new SKSE in SE.

Â

HDT may never transition to SE - people should be aware of this fact. It is not entirely dependent on SKSE, because it needs a new 64bit DLL from HydrogenSays and he may not bother with one. However, another 'Guru' out there might work up an alternative physics that could be used without SKSE. We'll see.

Â

New mods that work around the lack of SKSE are coming out all the time, and it is great to see some conversions of old classics that have been refreshed. I have converted a few for my own use too: for example Lively Inns and Taverns converts and works very well in SE (in original Skyrim under Win 10 it was rather hit and miss).

Â

TL:DR - play Skyrim SE. At first I wasn't sure but, over time, it's become my preferred version of Skyrim. SKSE will be a very welcome icing on an already great cake, if and when it arrives.Â

wonder how much we really actelly needed skseÂ

for  it looks like mod authors was dependant then se came out without many authors found paths around skse

A few common SKSE features can be done without it, just requires messy or convoluted workarounds. In those instances SKSE offers a simple solution.

Most of the features can't though, as they're accessing code that otherwise can't be manipulated.

The Silverlock team already said they'd be more than willing to take applications for people who want to work on SKSE64, they just gotta prove they can do what is needed. Why make an SKSE replacement or competitor when you could help the team finish SKSE64? If no ones stepped up to the plate thus far, then I doubt there are many people who can actually do it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play SSE. Skyrim is a 6-year old game. The tools you want may never come. True, no SKSE, ENB, CBBE, HDT, etc, but there are decent alternatives to all these, e.g. modified scripts or interface methods to avoid the need for SKSE, mods like Imaginator instead of ENB, and UNP instead of CBBE.

The stability + improved default graphics you gain on the 64-bit version more than makes up for it. I run Warzones + Populated Hell + Immersive Patrols and a few other mods that add NPC's. This caused problems in certain areas with 32-bit Oldrim, but with Skyrim SE it allows crazy battles with close to 100 NPC's and no crashes.

I was previously in the camp of "wait", but after having moved to Skyrim SE with a few hundred mods running, I don't miss Oldrim at all. When I've gone back and played Oldrim for comparison purposes, it just doesn't measure up to Skyrim SE. If SKSE and the other tools come out someday for SE, great. If they don't, I'm not really missing them.

SSE is not unplayable, while there is not much mods. I only having a blast.

For you SKSE based mods, I say lower your mod list, remove enb, lower your grass and play on a limited mod order to play said mod.

Yeah, I don't need SKSE much either. But SE is in desperate need of city mods. It sucks, especially with SE's better stability and VRAM issues now. My computer is going to waste with this dinky 2011 console crap. lol

SSE is not unplayable, while there is not much mods. I only having a blast.

For you SKSE based mods, I say lower your mod list, remove enb, lower your grass and play on a limited mod order to play said mod.

Yeah, I don't need SKSE much either. But SE is in desperate need of city mods. It sucks, especially with SE's better stability and VRAM issues now. My computer is going to waste with this dinky 2011 console crap. lol

Yeah, I like Holds but it's incompatible with other things. Like Open Cities and apparently lighting mods. What I'd rather have is JK's full suite, since that can be configured for OC easier. And a good town mod like ETaC (or again, some of JK's town stuff).