About 'The Nexus mods' site maintenance cost

pyun1332

Hello I am a college student living in Korea.

I used Google Translator because of my lack of English ability. So the sentence may be strange.

I selected the 'monetization business of mod' as the subject of the report this semester

This site is the most famous example on the subject. So I'm looking for related information.

I know that you maintain this sites with site ads or premium membership policies.

and Bethesda net is similar, but there is no profit structure like you.

Bethesda Net and Nexus providing a quantitative level of mode. So I was able to grasp the scale.

However, it is not enough to introduce the possibility of business to show why mod is worth.

The cost of doing business should also be considered.

so I would appreciate it if you could tell me about the maintenance cost of the server or the amount of traffic.

Edited by Jannifer

Nexus Mods offers mods freely. We do not require our users to pay for a subscription. We have a large number of users who have never paid anything.

Nexus Mods earns enough money to support itself. It does not seek to make a profit. Most members of the Nexus staff are volunteers like myself. We give our time freely to help support a site we believe in.

Bethesda, as a business, must make a profit. It must pay workers's salaries and benefits. It must maintain offices and production facilities. And, it must show enough profit to keep stock holders and investors happy.

Obviously, my comments are general knowledge. They do not include specific information regarding Nexus's financial structure.

Nexus Mods offers mods freely. We do not require our users to pay for a subscription. We have a large number of users who have never paid anything.

Nexus Mods earns enough money to support itself. It does not seek to make a profit. Most members of the Nexus staff are volunteers like myself. We give our time freely to help support a site we believe in.

Bethesda, as a business, must make a profit. It must pay workers's salaries and benefits. It must maintain offices and production facilities. And, it must show enough profit to keep stock holders and investors happy.

Obviously, my comments are general knowledge. They do not include specific information regarding Nexus's financial structure.

well, I knew that the Nexus mods were free. But I did not think the operation of the Nexus would be the same way. Interesting.

I wanted to know about the labor cost of the site and various server-related costs, and to anticipate the break-even point of the Creation Club in a little more detail.

I did not get enough information that I wanted to know, but I still appreciate the sincere answers.

I am interested in creation issues as a gamer. We support the moders and related community activities. I hope you have a good year-end. Korea is snowing now.

• 2 years later...

funny how this changed in 2 years

I mean it is literally the same as two years ago

I mean, to be somewhat fair, non-paying users do need to click an extra button and wait 5 seconds to download a mod, so it's not quite literally the same. But yeah, it's still the same. :P

• 2 weeks later...

"Nexus Mods offers mods freely. We do not require our users to pay for a subscription. We have a large number of users who have never paid anything. Nexus Mods earns enough money to support itself."

But every two seconds they have annoying pop-up ads urging people to pay for a monthly subscription in order to download mods over 2mb....What blatant liars. Doesn't matter if they said this two years ago, I thought they earned enough money to support themselves? What happened between then and now?