Managing the Load Order...

acdover

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was more informational than a request for assistance, or I would have posted in the support forum. There seemed to be some statements implying that everything regarding Vortex is perfect and all problems are user error, which struck me as unrealistic. I will look into it further at some point. This is a new installation, and I have some cleanup to do in some of the sloppy plugins that make unexpected modifications unrelated to the mods' purposes. Specifying a load order rule for conflict resolution and having it ignored is a concern. I recently created a separate user-defined rule for ordering of the two mods, so I will see if that has the desired effect. The drag-and-drop functionality was a bit clumsy, since it involved scrolling during the drag, which took multiple attempts for each single scroll action. It would have been simple to get them on the same page using filter-by-category, but one of the mods was a conversion from Oldrim that did not have a category assigned, and I did not find a way to edit the category for a single mod, something that was very easy in NMM. I only saw a way to create new categories, or rename existing categories.

It was more informational than a request for assistance, or I would have posted in the support forum. There seemed to be some statements implying that everything regarding Vortex is perfect and all problems are user error, which struck me as unrealistic. I will look into it further at some point. This is a new installation, and I have some cleanup to do in some of the sloppy plugins that make unexpected modifications unrelated to the mods' purposes. Specifying a load order rule for conflict resolution and having it ignored is a concern. I recently created a separate user-defined rule for ordering of the two mods, so I will see if that has the desired effect. The drag-and-drop functionality was a bit clumsy, since it involved scrolling during the drag, which took multiple attempts for each single scroll action. It would have been simple to get them on the same page using filter-by-category, but one of the mods was a conversion from Oldrim that did not have a category assigned, and I did not find a way to edit the category for a single mod, something that was very easy in NMM. I only saw a way to create new categories, or rename existing categories.

Yea....about user error.

I did not find a way to edit the category for a single mod, something that was very easy in NMM

Double click on the Mod, a panel opens up on the right, pick your category for the mod.

Vortex-Category.jpg

As far as MODS go, you should only be sorting mods on the mods tab, that have conflicts.

If you're trying to manually sort Mods and the Mods page with no Conflicts, then you're doing it wrong, because there's ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to "Sort" MODS that have no Conflicts.

If you're Dragging to sort on the Plugins Page, then, you'd find it easier to just click on MANAGE RULES and open up the Rule Editing popup (shown below)

Vortex-Manage-Rules.jpg

I've been reading through this thread, and it's actually quite comical. The amount of aggression and sarcasm from people that are posturing as helpful is hilarious. It's like watching a comedy skit where a customer support person is intentionally rude and insulting for comedic effect. Just add a laugh track. I don't know what some of you think you are doing here, but it's amateurish as hell.

@blitzen

What mods are you talking about, and what is the rule?

As I explained, the rule was to resolve a conflict between two mods. Which specific mods isn't relevant. The rule was to load one mod after the other. I go into some detail in my first post in this topic.

@blitzen

As I explained, the rule was to resolve a conflict between two mods. Which specific mods isn't relevant. The rule was to load one mod after the other. I go into some detail in my first post in this topic.

Specific mods IS relevant, because they may already have a built in sorting rule.

The fact that you refuse to give any info for any problem you keep reporting, tells me you don't WANT any help, you just want to complain and cause trouble.

@blitzen

Specific mods IS relevant, because they may already have a built in sorting rule.

The fact that you refuse to give any info for any problem you keep reporting, tells me you don't WANT any help, you just want to complain and cause trouble.

Not in this scenario. As I explained, one of the mods is uncategorized and unrecognized because it was a local file that could not be mapped to the Nexus. This tells me that you aren't reading carefully, and are jumping to conclusions.