How to disable Notifications/Notification Bell icon?

HadToRegister

My feeling is that Vortex will be designed mostly around the basic end-user and that even the advanced tools will be limited compared to Mod Organizer. Being Vortex is an official product, which will have customer service support no doubt; I can see them keeping many functions that were available in MO away from use within Vortex to limit CS issues. As a long-time user of MO, the idea of this is very disappointing but a part of me also understands; albeit begrudgingly. But we are still in Alpha and much will no doubt change between now and 1.0 release ... best we can do is offer constructive suggestions and hope it all works out.

My feeling is that Vortex will be designed mostly around the basic end-user and that even the advanced tools will be limited compared to Mod Organizer. Being Vortex is an official product, which will have customer service support no doubt; I can see them keeping many functions that were available in MO away from use within Vortex to limit CS issues. As a long-time user of MO, the idea of this is very disappointing but a part of me also understands; albeit begrudgingly. But we are still in Alpha and much will no doubt change between now and 1.0 release ... best we can do is offer constructive suggestions and hope it all works out.

I'll be sticking with MO. Much better tool, just based on what I've seen of Vortex.

My feeling is that Vortex will be designed mostly around the basic end-user and that even the advanced tools will be limited compared to Mod Organizer.

Initially. More likely because it is still young and basics come first. More advanced features WILL come. If not by Team Nexus, then by others as it is extensible, allowing plugins and extension to be written by anyone.

My point was that when working with mods and trying to eliminate any conflicts, the mods get obscured by the overzealous notifications, which can easily cover up your mod list very quickly with all of the unnecessary information it gives.
The more I use it, the more I HATE the unnecessary notifications.

YEA I can see there's a mod conflict with the red lightning bolts, I don't need a list as long as the interface that obscures the mod list that I have to click on DISMISS telling me the EXACT SAME THING.
ALSO I can see if a Mod is Installed, Enabled or Disabled just by looking at the BUTTON, I again, do not need a long list that is telling me THE SAME EXACT THING, that obscures the mods I'm trying to solve mod conflicts that I have to click DISMISS on every single notification.

All of that Info in the notification list, is already built into the interface itself, the notification list is redundant, intrusive, and tedious to click DISMISS for every single notification at this point,

Perhaps a NMM approach ? If there is an issue with a specific mod, let' say that mod will turn red and when clicking on it, a window will pop up stating the problem. As soon the mod issue has been resolved, the mod will turn to its original Vortex color. This way, the notification is hidden till we click on that mod, so it will not interrupt or obscure anything else.

Perhaps a NMM approach ? If there is an issue with a specific mod, let' say that mod will turn red and when clicking on it, a window will pop up stating the problem. As soon the mod issue has been resolved, the mod will turn to its original Vortex color. This way, the notification is hidden till we click on that mod, so it will not interrupt or obscure anything else.

Good suggestion, because right now the interface is as busy as Time Square or Las Vegas, or a Website with a ton of flashing ads and animated gifs that all play at once, there's just so many "info redundancies", bells and whistles, and cymbals, and fireworks

I agree that they take up too much space. I'm sure I'm not the only one who might browse through available mods and download ones that look interesting even though I have no intention of installing them right away.

Perhaps you could add a 'notifications' tab under Settings where the users can select how they want notifications to appear: on screen or hidden behind the bell. Have a toggle for the mods page and a separate one for the downloads page. For me, during the initial set up for a game or new profile, I would definitely hide them all behind the bell. Later, when I'm only tweaking my set up, the onscreen notices are more practical.

• 1 year later...

Bump

I really need to disable the notifications during inital game setup.

Haven't found any way in the settings or elsewhere.

With Skyrim I have 100+ mods and the notifications are totally useless and annoying in this phase.

They nearly make me regret to have bought a live-time ticket :-/

PLEASE FIX THIS

or at least let us choose, what notifications we want to have with the bell-icon.

THANKS