Unsolved File Conflicts

deadfred666

I've downloaded the Vortex mod manager, imported my mods from the NMM.

I've "enabled" the mods (after being imported).. I tried to launch the game, (via in Vortex) with the Skse64 quick launcher.

I ran the game (Skyrim SE), upon entering the world in game, it crashed.

Error message with 'Unsolved File Conflicts"..

I know its several mods over writing each other in the wrong order. Loot didnt help.

How, in Vortex can we sort the mod order?

Thanks for the heads up.

Newbie Vortex guy here.

DFred.

LOOT doesn't do most of the sorting when using it with Vortex? I was hopin that I could save some time for my Skyrim SE playthru's on this badass PC? (that I definetaly didn't put together myself But that's not what I tell the Ladies, bro.... <<< douchebag right there)

I definetaly feel your frustration. I don't know if this will help or if its even news to you but I started adding mods and learning how to properly order them on my Xbox version of Skyrim SE and it took me awhile but finally I got all 150 mods in one load order to work without any problems or crashes. I used the Masterlist as my guide.

Do you know what the dropbox masterlist is? (if you do then the following probably wont be anything new to you) I'm a newbie to PC but using the dropbox Masterlist was how I was able to learn how to manually create an optimal Load order on console. Its basically a list that keeeps on growing with all the mods listed in their respective categories, in order, and also in alternate categories should you need to place something lower or higher based on your overwriting needs (For example a mod like Smilodon can be placed in either category 3 - Gameplay Overhauls/ Big Overhauls or category 8 depending on what other mods you might use. Hell you could just look at the masterlist and almost order your mods exactly how it has them ordered. Also if you have some mods that aren't on the masterlist (they got all the popular ones and much more but not all of them) you can also use it to get a good feel for where it should go or whether or not a certain mod should be higher or lower, or if it might need to overwrite another mod so to speak.

It also tells you which mods aren't compatible with each other or it paraphrases the most important parts of the mod descriptions. I still read all of them but if you haven't already check out the masterlist. Id post a link but I forget how I found it before. Its in my favorites on my laptop which is being borrowed. I'm sure someone on these forums knows what I'm talking about... that is assuming that I even know what I'm talking about. Cuz how could they know what I'm talking about if I don't know what I'm talking about? You know what I'm talking about? Anyway, Happy Black History Month.

I've clicked on the Lightning bolts (red ones) that have the file conflicts. Had to manually guess which mod over writes the other, they have turned all "Green" meaning there should be no script errors anymore.

I've managed to load the game, but upon entering the world, it CTD's.

Idk, i know im doing something wrong, just can't figure out what.

I may have to uninstall ALL the mods i have and start over from a fresh start.. (sigh...)..

• 2 months later...